997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

mmmmmmm...bigger turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
mmmmmmm...bigger turbos

Thanks to Protomotive I now own a pair of upgraded vtg turbos. The previous owner must have traded them in for something more powerful. I believe they have 63.5mm wheel with clipped turbine. I'm just datalogging and performance logging with the stock car, then I'll do with just a tune, and finally I'll do it with the upgraded turbos so that the performance benefits of each stage can be quantified.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Good job Bogg! You are moving fast with the mods. From cpo warranty to modded vtg turbos lol now get some race gas into that beast.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
You're on a very slippery slope! What are you going to do for next season--lol?? Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
If only racegas wasn't so damn expensive. I don't want to try it in case I love it! Doesn't E85 come from grain? C'mon Saskatchewan forget about potash, give us some E85 goodness!!!

Next year I'll consider GMG springs and sways. I love the LED taillights on the new gen car and the led drls are great too. Need to find a money tree first though.

Hopefully cpo will still cover the unchanged parts but who knows. They didn't say anything about the aftermarket exhaust when they were investigating my CEL (which didn't end up leading to a new camshaft)

Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
congrats bro ..

am sure you will like it , but why you did not go 65mm wheel ??

as i know that its better and faster

yousef

Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
congrats bro ..

am sure you will like it , but why you did not go 65mm wheel ??

as i know that its better and faster

yousef
How do you know that Yousef? I was interested in it but Todd suggested leaving the 63.5mm wheel. Basically he said that the 65mm wheel is of benefit with meth or racegas but not much difference with pump gas (which is what I'll use most of the time). He did say there was a bit more lag with the 65s. I still have my original turbos so if I need more power than the 63.5 then I'll see what the latest and greatest upgrade is 2 years from now.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:18 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
How do you know that Yousef? I was interested in it but Todd suggested leaving the 63.5mm wheel. Basically he said that the 65mm wheel is of benefit with meth or racegas but not much difference with pump gas (which is what I'll use most of the time). He did say there was a bit more lag with the 65s. I still have my original turbos so if I need more power than the 63.5 then I'll see what the latest and greatest upgrade is 2 years from now.
in fact , my friend here has 997TT with 65mm turbos ,his car is fast alot but like what you said he is running race fuel all the time !!!!

anyway am sure you will like your car , proto is the best ..

good luck man and enjoy your drive

Old 06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
thanks Yousef. I did pester Todd a lot about getting the 65 but he was straight up and said it probably wouldn't be worth the money in my circumstances.

BTW, I love your sig - huge turbos with meth and CO2!!!! What's next, a jet engine???

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
looooool no , am looking for bigger and upgraded turbos , my GT3076 .63 is standred !!! am looking for upgraded !!

btw , why you do not run methanol system in your car ???

Old 06-16-2011, 12:46 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Nice!

But going to make it harder to comply with the draconian speed laws in Ontario... how do you manage?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by thuggy
Nice!

But going to make it harder to comply with the draconian speed laws in Ontario... how do you manage?
so true. I'm not cruising at high speed or anything, for me the enjoyment is during acceleration so I occasionally find myself able to enjoy a burst of rapid acceleration then I'll slow down again. One might argue that it's a poor performance to dollar ratio but I accept that.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
btw , why you do not run methanol system in your car ???
For a couple of reasons: first of all I just want to keep it simple with no external boost controllers and additional worries from meth etc... I understand that there's a good benefit with meth and minimal risks but that brings me to the second reason which is the fact that we have strict speeding rules so it's not even that often that I get to take advantage of STOCK power levels never mind meth or race gas.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:00 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
You won't have any lag with these puppies. When you nail it in 2nd, hold on for dear life. You'll let go of the gas or wet your pants.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I'll get the Depends ready.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I'll get the Depends ready.
Brilliant idea! No reason to ruin that fine Corinthian Leather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mmmmmmm...bigger turbos