997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

911 Center-Locking Wheels recalled!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
My car did not require any changes after all because it was built with the "new" centrelocks.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 AM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gerbs
How's things going mhh?

Mine goes in last week of June. Do they need to take the wheels off? If so I'm looking forward to see how "easy" it is to do.

What have you got on the clock now?

They replaced something but not the wheels. It took a couple of hours and I had them replace the rear tyres while the wheels were off the car. I had the 15,000km service last week, and the steering wheel (with the fogging) was replaced yesterday while I waited.

I'm trucking the car to Alice Springs for a long weekend of open country driving with a few others soon. The car is going beautifully - I hope you are enjoying yours too.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 PM
DoctorWill is infamous around these parts
I don't know the specifics yet...will report back next week!

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Doc Will, anything more specific on that suspension damage? I'm going over in my head how some CLs can be the root cause for some damage to the suspension bits.

By the way I saw four, count them four, turbo eses the other day in swinging London and none had CLs. Guess they were all smart about the CLs; all were wearing new shoes. Guess they all stopped by the Auto-Cobblers when they were purchased.

Seeing such things really whets my appetite on getting a turbo s but I have vowed to wait for the next model. Oh and getting that 959S for the Targa Newfoundland, and Gumball.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:58 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Just had my car serviced. They replaced the nuts with a newer one that has 600NM imprinted on it instead of 500NM.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
Just had my car serviced. They replaced the nuts with a newer one that has 600NM imprinted on it instead of 500NM.
I believe this was the only issue with the center locks. The wheels are fine it was just that print on the CL nut.

ryan@suncoastparts.com