997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

timeline estimate before we have an N-spec Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
timeline estimate before we have an N-spec Pilot Super Sport

How long does it usually take for Porsche to stamp an N-spec for a new tire? Wondering how long we'll need to wait for the first N pilot super sport. I've heard rumors it won't be until the next gen 911 comes out that we have an n-spec, but hoping that's not the case.

Also for anyone running the pre-N spec super sport currently, how do you like your tires?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I would expect it as OEM on the next 911. Im running them now on my Turbo, love them.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I have them. Had them installed on a new set of wheels from Tire Rack. So far I love them. Quieter than PS2's and the handling is equal if not better. I was a PS2 disciple so I am very happy so far. The wear is supposed to be better, we will see over time if that is the case. Have done only some spirited driving on them so far nothing outrageous. So far so good.
JS

Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
From what I can gather they will probably N spec them in new 911 (20"?) sizes. Mums the word from them on if they will do so in present OE 19" sizes. I can pretty much guarantee there won't be any 18" sizes N rated. It will probably be later this summer until we know.

In case anyone has not heard, they also have released that they do not recommend mixing them with PS2's due to the difference in handling between them.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp