997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche attacking Pikes Peak in 911 GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Tarmac vs. gravel/dirt. Suspension components take a huge abuse offroading/ mechanicals of chassis are ampliedfied drasticly.
On a side note - I hear this is Pikes Peak's last year of having off road segments, and next year it's all on paved roads?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Serioustly doubt you follow any fomr of motorsport or else you wouldn't be questioning Porsche's intension of testing for realibity in this event.

24 hour of lemans takes a diffrent toll on the car then pikes peak. I hope you can put the puzzle together. Just like F1 cars take a diffrent abuse then a WRC car. Tarmac vs. gravel/dirt. Suspension components take a huge abuse offroading/ mechanicals of chassis are ampliedfied drasticly. The altitutde change takes a huge toll on engine/cooling system.brakes etc. Serioustly, and you say you follow motorsports. Lemans is a totally diffrent aspect of endurance. You should watch more motorsports.
You're right... Never watched a race in my life. I don't even know what a Porsche is.

*edit: I'm not sure why you are being hostile. If you had a valid point, I'm going to disregard it, because you sound like an a$$.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 06-22-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
The big difference between you and me Jasper is i'm expected to know better than to post insults and personal attacks. It's fine though. I can handle it.

Well to be perfectly honest i was laughin my *** off so much when i read his reply to me i thought it was only appropriate given such an outburst. I mean here it was Jasper was called out twice before i even posted .

Thats just it. It doesn't. But as your heart is on your sleeve... i thought the Nissan edit was a little fun....

to both points.
Now...as you were....please continue on....with the masquerade that is.

+1.
Using your own logic... You'd be free, as I didn't even respond to you. No bait required.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Using your own logic... You'd be free, as I didn't even respond to you. No bait required.
^^^. Try not to take everything so seriously. You'll give yourself an ulcer. Now can we get back to bobs thread please .

Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
^^^. Try not to take everything so seriously. You'll give yourself an ulcer. Now can we get back to bobs thread please .
Please go back and practice literacy... Who was the first to attempt a derailing?

If you'd like help with pictures, arrows, pop-ups, post numbers let me know...

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM

Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Damn, those pics look awesome.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Zwart has some big *****...that is one serious drive. What great images.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Zwart has some big *****...that is one serious drive. What great images.
No doubt...just watch his run from 2010, a camera view from his winning run in the GT3 Cup...broke the record by 38 seconds for the 2WD Time Attack class.

Unbelievable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSP-_...eature=related

Last edited by bbywu; 06-22-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
mllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bbywu
broke the record by 38 seconds for the 2WD Time Attack class.
And is about 17 seconds FASTER than the AWD Time Attack class record...

Impressive...

Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
At no point did I ever question the ability of either a driver or a vehicle to be successful at this event (please don't display the same amount of illiteracy as speed21). I questioned what Porsche stands to gain (related directly to their publicly released statement).

But hey, when you don't understand what or why, I guess you end up driving a Porsche...
Use your own what or why

Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !

Old 06-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
Is there any Nissan on this race?
Thanks for the info Bbywu, I´ll be watching from this side of the pond

Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Alcyon
Is there any Nissan on this race?
Yes. The Leaf is corporate sponsored... Oddly enough, aimed at showing the endurance of the 100% electric car (highlighting the hill climb). There are other Nissans that will be there, but they didn't make the headlines as much.

*edit: I don't think it could survive the 24hr of Le Mans

Last edited by jaspergtr; 06-23-2011 at 07:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche attacking Pikes Peak in 911 GT2 RS