997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thanks ROTTEC. CF GT2 skirts installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Thanks ROTTEC. CF GT2 skirts installed

Thanks again Ray... car is coming together. I'll be ordering a rear diffuser soon! The GT3 front bumper grille may take awhile as I gain the courage to have someone cut into my turbo! Going to get a nice set of aggressive light weight rims that match the car as well.

Sorry, just Iphone for now...

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Tastefully done Doc.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
turning out nice!!
But you have to do black wheels now... :-)

Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dianic
turning out nice!!
But you have to do black wheels now... :-)
Thanks! Yeah, I already had the Fuch's for a while... but got tired of the classic design. Kinda wish I had them now. haha

I'm leaning towards Tech1's, but now in a graphite/black(ish) finish. We'll see... I'll look around a bit.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I love the tech 1's... that gunmetal color is spectacular.
If you do go that way, I think the black stickers may clash with the wheels on the sides...

Anyway, love the color combo and the carbon accents it is very nicely executed.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
I love the tech 1's... that gunmetal color is spectacular.
If you do go that way, I think the black stickers may clash with the wheels on the sides...

Anyway, love the color combo and the carbon accents it is very nicely executed.
Agreed... so may have to go gloss black rims... we'll see. The cool thing about stickers is that... well, they're stickers...they can come off.

I just don't like how rim detail gets lost on all black rims. I've had a few and the eye just has a hard time picking out the spokes/etc that make a rim look cool. I'm sure I'll change my mind a few dozen times before I pull the trigger.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
You are correct. Details become a bit blurry. If they are glossy, perhaps the light reflects more... However that does not show on pictures very well, so you cant tell by looking at just pictures...

There is a pic of a red car on glossy p40's at another post, middle of the page herel middle of the page. Credit to Vic55 for posting it. Thanks

Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I bet the dry CF GT2 skirt look even better in person! Glad you like it, if you interest with CF diffuser, I have a matching dry CF pc. in the warehouse now! Beside, I also have LED lights and exhaust tips available as well! PM when if you when you're ready!!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Awesome! Good choice on the mods. I agree with Nick, black wheels are now a must.

Ray's the man though!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Awesome! Good choice on the mods. I agree with Nick, black wheels are now a must.

Ray's the man though!
Yeah... now do I stick with 19 or do the unthinkable and get 20's? My 19's right now look tiny with the drop, even with the 5mm spacers. I at least need to go wider or something...

Time to research... I never really thought I'd consider 20's, but I've seen a few pics lately and the cars look nice.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
If you're not overly concerned with some of the negatives of going with the 20s (higher weight and somewhat harsher ride) I would rock them for the looks. They'd definitely look great on your car. 20 inch HRE P40S's would look in satin black would look awesome!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Great looking car. Can't wait to see the next mods. I agree with you about not being able to see details on a black wheel (except those wheels with "big" features - e.g., Fuchs or Panasports).

Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
The outside color of this car is amazing... Love it!!! Personally I think a set of Brushed wheels with black windows would look really good. Like the Vossen CV2!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
the black rocker protection is a nice retro touch. Have you thought about maybe doing the newer Fuchs wheels?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Tiptro is infamous around these parts
hello,
very nice car with rims RUF splendid! I desperately search the same rims in 19, but without success. Looking forward

Last edited by Tiptro; 06-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks ROTTEC. CF GT2 skirts installed