997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Want to get your stock boost gauge to show beyond 1.2 bar? Heres how..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Lightbulb Want to get your stock boost gauge to show beyond 1.2 bar? Heres how..

Hi Guys,

I noticed on a youtube clip posted up from one of the European members that he has his boost gauge showing readouts above the stock 1.2 bar maximum.
Take a look at clip on post#26: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ast-not-2.html

As he was unable to provide further information regarding the source that did his mod it prompted me to dig back through my earlier notes with Todd K (Protomotive) remembering that i had discussed this issue with him. Unfortunately the pictorial of the modified dash's file size is too large to attach so here is the web address:
www.aa-tuning.de , for those that may wish to pursue this modification.
Note: You will see the gauge mod listed on the site halfway down the page on the right hand colummn.

Last edited by speed21; 06-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
looks like you have to send in your cluster for a modified one? I can't spreken zie deutch

Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
nice

mine was two times more expensive and mine shows 1,6bar so it's definitely from different source.

you have to be also aware modification in the ecu is required too.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
You should translate this document.

As you can see in the documents below the speedo needs to be shipped or the entire car.

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 06-26-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Translated version of 1278402669_Produktbeschreibung_Ladedruckanpassung_ DE_1_.pdf

<table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="eeeeee"> Page 1 </td></tr></tbody></table> <nobr>Porsche 997</nobr>
<nobr>MKI / MKII Turbo / GT2 speedometer adjustment</nobr>
Boost Gauge
<nobr>Background of change:</nobr>
<nobr>The display of the MKI Porsch 997T can display only up to 1.2 bar.</nobr> <nobr>Even the display of the Porsche</nobr>
<nobr>1.0 997Turbo MKII only to the bar and the GT2 only a maximum of 1.4 bar</nobr> <nobr>With a tuning, which also</nobr>
<nobr>a boost pressure increase is made, this can therefore not be displayed!</nobr>
That data can be adjusted in two variants. This is a new programming
the processor, which is responsible for the display, necessary. It can be programmed 2 variants
will
Option 1: change the display to a maximum value of 1.4 bar
Visually depicted in the example screen, Figure 1.0 and Figure 1.1.
<nobr>www.aa-tuning.de</nobr>
Figure 1.0: Bar graph to 0.8 bar
Scale bar 1.4
Figure 1.1: Segmentanzeig to 0.8 bar
<hr><table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" bgcolor="eeeeee"> Page 2 </td></tr></tbody></table>
<nobr>Porsche 997</nobr>
<nobr>MKI / MKII Turbo / GT2 speedometer adjustment</nobr>
Boost Gauge
Option 2: Change in the maximum value of 1.8 bar
Visually depicted in the example screen image 2.0 and Figure 2.1.
Caution:
In the second Variant is to ensure that the engine control unit (or vehicle) is in a position to
these maximum values ​​to deliver. The speedometer is placed only in the way these
Represent information.
<nobr>Procedure:</nobr>
<nobr>You can either send us their complete speedometer.</nobr> <nobr>In that case, he is reprogrammed and the</nobr>
<nobr>same day they returned, or they come with the whole car over with us.</nobr> <nobr>Temporal</nobr>
<nobr>is due to the plans in about half a working one.</nobr>
<nobr>www.aa-tuning.de</nobr>
Figure 1.1: Segmentanzeig to 1.3 bar
Figure 2.1: Bar graph to 1.3 bar
Scale bar 1.8

RuneScape Wiki: Page 1 is a quest item used in the Slug Menace quest. »

Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
nice

mine was two times more expensive and mine shows 1,6bar so it's definitely from different source.

It may well be the same company as i noticed their version 2 shows up to 1.8 Bar. 450 euros to retain the factory gauge isn't unreasonable. The main inconvenience would be removing the ECU and/or dash (whichever is required). Obviously if you live in the EU it is easier to get it done than if you lived elsewhere. However, it's a nice modification though.

Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
FadeToBlack thanks for translating it into English for us.

Last edited by speed21; 06-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
thanks for sharing very informative and important
i hope protomotive do this soon and i also hope he get rid of the external boost controller

Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
GT-TT is infamous around these partsGT-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
nice

Huh? Mine shows with the same modification up to 1.4bar and I was not told that the ecu is required? Just the cluster..?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
looks like you have to send in your cluster for a modified one? I can't spreken zie deutch
It says:

"...this one goes to eleven."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bbywu
It says:

"...this one goes to eleven."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY
That is very funny . Hopefully this type of discussion doesn't take place between customer and technician.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
i hope protomotive do this soon and i also hope he get rid of the external boost controller
Pleasure Bro! With your special car this mod would be a nice finishing touch, and yes hopefully Todd can do these types of upgrades in the future heh. It's nice having everything looking neat inside the car rather than having separate gauges and switches everywhere .

Originally Posted by GT-TT
Huh? Mine shows with the same modification up to 1.4bar and I was not told that the ecu is required? Just the cluster..?
ECU may not be required....i don't know. But an email enquiry should establish the requirements and what is available in so far as the boost gauge's display capability. I'm sure someone there can speak english. It may well be the case that they can show whatever boost reading you want. I imagine if they have the ability to make it show 1.8 Bar then they could possibly make the gauge display higher where required.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
Pleasure Bro! With your special car this mod would be a nice finishing touch, and yes hopefully Todd can do these types of upgrades in the future heh. It's nice having everything looking neat inside the car rather than having separate gauges and switches everywhere .
i met todd and cynthia last night in dubai and he told me he'll work on it