997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Steering vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Steering vibration

My TT has Brembo BBK and Ta 20" wheels and at slow speeds the st wheel vibrates and then again.
The problem can be wheel balance that seems to be correct or the hats and discs.

Any one has a similar problem ?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
When did the problem start? When you put the wheels on or the brakes? Did you do them at the same time? The brakes would only really wobble when you step on the brake...The wheels will wobble at different speeds...Could be a few things...Could need a balance, could have a bent wheel, wheel bore could be off...I'd take the wheels to somebody that has a hunter roadforce balance machine and they should be able to tell you whats wrong with your wheels...

Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 AM
997gt3LA is infamous around these parts
Balancing would be the first thing I do and while your at it check to see if your rims are bent.. U might of hit a pot hole or something and never noticed. I had a vibration and never had thought my wheels could have bent it was a minor bent but got it fixed.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skeeter
When did the problem start? When you put the wheels on or the brakes? Did you do them at the same time? The brakes would only really wobble when you step on the brake...The wheels will wobble at different speeds...Could be a few things...Could need a balance, could have a bent wheel, wheel bore could be off...I'd take the wheels to somebody that has a hunter roadforce balance machine and they should be able to tell you whats wrong with your wheels...
Agree - road force balance first.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Tks i will check wheel balance first .
It is normal that the brake pedal vibrates while braking with brembos ? I think my hats are bend.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Tks i will check wheel balance first .
It is normal that the brake pedal vibrates while braking with brembos ? I think my hats are bend.
Pedal judder is usually associated with warped rotors - has the BBK been on for a long time - how many miles? Also, I think a faulty ABS can cause pedal judder but my guess is the rotors.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed...If your steering wheel is shaking when you brake, then you most likely have warped rotors! Do you track the car a lot? Not sure if they can turn bbk rotors...If they can't, you'll need to purchase new ones...

Last edited by skeeter; 06-27-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
997gt3LA is infamous around these parts
Agreed...If your steering wheel is shaking when you brake, then you most likely have warped rotors! Do you track the car a lot? Not sure if they can turn bbc rotors...If they can't, you'll need to purchase new ones...
Agreed..Seems like there might be a couple of issues here If the car is shaky while braking that's prob because of warped rotors... They cannot turn BBC rotors, and plus I wouldn't even if they said they could.