997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vivid racing 3.8 motor build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
atlboy is infamous around these parts
Vivid racing 3.8 motor build

I have been talking to Dan at vivid racing about building a 900 wheel hp motor. The kit consists of 3.8 liter stroker 900 -1000 awhp monster. With evoms tiptronic control unit and 1000 hp tiptronic upgrade. Garret gt 3076 turbos and full agency power everything. Are there any members here running this setup?

Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sure vivid has never done a 997tt built motor...You'd be the first..

Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
you wont make 1000awhp with a gt3076....

Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
both members answered all question fair enough !

Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skeeter
It looks like Dan is working on a project now:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...der-knife.html

Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
It looks like Dan is working on a project now:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...der-knife.html
Did I miss something? I just read the thread and don't see anything about a 3.8 built motor?!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
In fact we have something BIG in the works that will be released for the 996TT market that will make statements. It seems those that replied are haters, dont know anything about us or have NOT done business with us (minus Bob).

First there is a BIG difference between 900awhp on a Mustang Dyno and 900 or 1000 crank horsepower. Unllike other shops, we use a Mustang AWD Dyno, we dont disconnect the front driveline and run on a dynojet to show high numbers. The only thing right in this statement is from Joe. The GT3076 turbos are each good for 500hp where the GT35R are good for about 700each. With a built motor you can run alot higher boost and maximize the GT3076 to near capacity. I have repeatedly said and proved that 900crank HP is fine on the stock motor and Softronic who tunes our cars, Switzer cars, and works with Protomotive tuning can back this up.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
It seems those that replied are haters
haters ?
in fact some people will never learn how to choose the right words unfortunately
" who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones "

Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Every post about Vivid from you is hate hate hate. Anyone can look them up. You want to resolve something professionally and discuss something, here is my phone number - 4809663040 x222. If you have no facts then I respectfully ask you to slander Vivid Racing constantly.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Every post about Vivid from you is hate hate hate. Anyone can look them up. You want to resolve something professionally and discuss something, here is my phone number - 4809663040 x222. If you have no facts then I respectfully ask you to slander Vivid Racing constantly.
i dont need to solve any thing with u , and if i have any thing to discuss "professionally" it has to come out here in a thread in public so all members can read and judge for them selfs + one more thing if joetwint and skeeter accept to be called haters for posting two facts ! i dont
Best of luck with every thing u do in your shop and dont be in a hurry i'm very well prepared and u'll discover that i wasn't a hater

Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Nothing said is/was a fact. Someone will contact you shortly...

And your issues are not public. The public can definitely search this forum and see what we do as well as see our website for our work. So yes, everyone please judge. Back to work.

Last edited by vividracing; 06-29-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
you wont make 1000awhp with a gt3076....
thats 100% true !
thats also true
and when bob entered into the subject and refers to go back to your thread
he's also wrong i personally know a guy was running ur old kit 825 correct me if m wrong pls ... and we all know that u switched to a better version of turbos the GTX ones as a fact if you'll have gains from your previous kit to the new kit it would be from two things new headers and new set of turbos now do you want to tell me that gains from swapping those two parts and a 3.8 conversion kit will give you 75hp more ?
or is it true what skeeter said about him being pretty sure vivid has never done a 997tt built motor.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
The VR825 Kit uses stock injectors and a different map. This VR900 map uses larger injectors and a new Softronic map. The same file Softronic gave Switzer whos car won the Moscow 200.

Yousef runs our 825 kit and is very happy with the car. We fixed his header issue with our new ones. This is old news. Thank you

Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Dan, how am I a hater? Also I have done business with you and will keep my comments to myself on that...I simply said you have NEVER done a 997tt built motor...If you have please show me and everyone else...I simply told the OP that he would be the first...There is no need for you to come out and try and insult me...I haven't insulted you nor said anything bad here...I understand you have a business and you want to have the best name out there...Your trying to take pride in what you do and what you own, but you shouldn't wear your emotions on your sleeve...This is very unprofessional to come out and make false accusations! If you have a problem with me by all means pm and we can chat...Good day!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:57 AM
thanx for explaining that you didnt do a 3.8 build !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid racing 3.8 motor build