997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
For "street"" use I would take your car and the $60k and trade up to a new Turbo S. You'll be faster than most of the tuners and have your full warranty.
+100
or a gt3 rs

Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Champion know what they are talking about. That being said, we are a SoCal Switzer installation facility. They have high quality products that make good, safe power.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
and all the attorneys stand together now crying out Defamation and Slander!!.. where did I put those esquire business cards......

1200HP on a stock METZGER motor......ahemmmmm......

Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Champion plain and simple. Look at the track record based on performance, survivability, backing it with their warranty. A 911 w/Tiptronic can be safely built to 675 AWHP. Champion is rock solid and the largest Porsche dealer in the world. Champion builds the top 5 fastest Tips in the world. These are all on facts. 1200 on a stock engine is not. I dont beleive you can get 1200 out of a Tip period (even on forged internals).

I would also do some research on exactly how fast a 675AWHP TIP actually is.

There are several good shops on this forum Champion being one of them. I view them as trend setting (pouring much $$ into new products and test cars), honest, strong ethics and integrity.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 07-01-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
From my experience in racing !!! and upgrading P cars in Different levels , i can tell you that stock motor will hold the power to 900hp but it Depends how you run the car and what boost you are gone run !!! am using my car which i think its 800hp (Tip) as DD car and run it hardly in the weekends but i never boost it very high , i strongly recommend you to look for tuner who know very well about porsches and

To be honest my vote is to www.911tuning.com !!!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Serpentene
and all the attorneys stand together now crying out Defamation and Slander!!.. where did I put those esquire business cards......

1200HP on a stock METZGER motor......ahemmmmm......
Mezger - http://porschebahn.wordpress.com/200...tone-birthday/

Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jhbrennan

That was a 12 cyl, no?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
That was a 12 cyl, no?
They put his name on the GT1 engine -
Over the next decade, Hans Mezger’s work ranged from the design of the legendary six cylinder boxer engine for the Porsche 911 to the development of the legendary Porsche turbo engines used in both production and racing cars.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
This is one of those threads like the lottery winners make: what's the best car for 1,000,000, then a bunch of people start by writing down tens of cars, yet at the end there's no final answer and people waste a lot of time and mental energy by coming up with solutions for one's problem, while the OP watches and maybe amuses himself with the ideas people come up with.

To the OP: unless you'll give specifics and prepare yourself by reading into the Porsche tuning world all you'll get is a bunch of answers, no idea what to do and so on.

My advice: know what you want, search for similar ideas and start from there. Maximum price is not a starting point. Get a feel of what you want, then go from there. It's much easier to ask: "what can I get to give me the best OEM feeling on the street, but maximum power and reliability with VTG turbos" than to ask "what can I get for $60,000".

Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
OK guys....I REALLY didn't want to get involved in another conversation like this, but one thing I can absolutely assure you of is that Champion Porsche and Champion Motorsport are NOT bankrupt. Champion Porsche is STILL the world's largest and most successful Porsche dealership and we at Champion Motorsport are doing our best to become the leaders in our industry as well! We do this on a daily basis by focusing on the strengths of our team's talents and our products, and NEVER by belittling those of our competitors. If it is true that these are the things our competitors are saying, then itt's seriously upsetting to me that others stoop to that level.
really ?

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...4/daily70.html

is this someone different ? if it is forgive me.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 AM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
The article states that Champion Motors, which was the Porsche/Audi dealer went into Chapter 11 in 2009. It also states that neither Champion Motorsport nor Champion Racing were part of the bankruptcy. Another article* says that the plan was to sell off the Audi dealer to a company out of California and the Porsche Dealer came out of the bankruptcy with a new lender for the floorplan, Wells Fargo. It appears that this has all happened by now.

Thought that statement was pretty shocking when I saw it, these are the results of my googling.
*http://www.portfolio.com/industry-ne...porsche-dealer

Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^^^unvmy996^^^ read completely before speaking/writing:

The bankruptcy does not affect two related companies – the well-known Champion Racing sponsorship company and Champion Motorsports, which makes high-performance wheels.

atlboy:Think of Champion as developer and vivid as a reseller of aftermarket parts. Also take a little cash from your 60k budget and go visit the shops you are entertaining. After visiting your top three choices the your decision should be clear.

Last edited by VID997; 07-01-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
really ?

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...4/daily70.html

is this someone different ? if it is forgive me.
See the following comment.

Originally Posted by VID997
^^^unvmy996^^^ read completely before speaking/writing:

The bankruptcy does not affect two related companies – the well-known Champion Racing sponsorship company and Champion Motorsports, which makes high-performance wheels.

unvmy996...You may also want to make note of the fact that these events were unrelated to our business here, or to Champion Racing, and that Champion Porsche is still the world's largest and most successful Porsche dealership. Oh and of course, the obvious fact that this took place over two years ago...and well what do ya know...our doors are still open.

The comments made were apparently that we're currently bankrupt and close to shutting down...LOL!

I had no idea bankrupt companies could do stuff like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAJ5sdtV6c

Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
unvmy996- who gives a rats ****...just post or send me a larger pic of your avatar! Yummy!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I have questions about the OP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget