997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Being #1

It's a ***** being #1 in any industry. You are always a target no matter the circumstances. It is VERY obvious that Champion is rock solid. All you have to do is visit the multiple, very well run facilities, and note the integrity, the pride on every face in the building that we are #1. I have visited many tuners and 10X that amount of dealerships and have never been more impressed by any of them more than Champion. They are honest, embodied in pride and excellent customer service no matter how difficult a situation may be. I have never seen more R&D $ poured into new and exciting products of any tuner than that of Champion. It is very obvious they are here to stay and once this stinking economy improves they will only grow stronger. Porsche relies on them more than any other dealer in their network - that in itself speaks volumns. Cheap shots are for losers and those full of envy.

As for the OP: You have owned modified cars in the past. A Porsche is much different than a vette or other American muscle cars. There is much information in the forums if you can wade through all the BS. Yes - you can push any engine to the limit but if you want your car to be reliable, run smooth, avoid a catestophic failure listen to those whom who obviously have your best interests in mind. If they back their work with a warranty obviously they are not throwing you BS. It is my understanding that the Porsche 997.1 TT can SAFELY handle ~ 675 AWHP. In addition you will have to upgrade your TIP tranny. Anything beyoond that you are treading on thin ice and an engine build is probably the best thing to do (if you want to avoid a catestrophic failure). Yes - there are cars that have more power in an unbuilt engine but either they are very careful how they drive or they are playing russian roulette. I spend much money on my vehicles but I always look to reliablity and the engine limitations first. It has served me well having not blown a single engine (knock on wood).

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 07-01-2011 at 05:44 PM.