997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
atlboy is infamous around these parts
Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget

I'm new to the Porsche world and I've been talking to a lot of the sponsors on this message board about upgrades. I have a tiptronic turbo with a fabspeed exhaust and thats it. I come from the American Muscle World, and thats all's i know. My main purpose and use for this car is street racing and crusing around with my buddies. As I've learned in the past couple of days of reading hundreds of posts on this forum, it seems to be the same characters with the same story in different situations. A bit like a t.v. Soap opera. All's I want is the best stuff for the money I'm gonna spend.Will the 6speed boys just point me in the right direction.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Give EVOMS a call, and tell them you want to go really fast... Their packages are reliable on all fuels, 91,93, 100, and as well as e85. I have their intro turbo kit package and eventually getting the motor build with some big gt3586's capable of ~ 1000 wheel. And oh... 60k should be enough

Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Before you spend your hard earned money, can you tell us where you want to be? Not HP wise (it can be a little hard to compare tuner to tuner)...where do you want to be...on the track, drag strip, street? What kind of supporting mods do you have?

There is a big difference in how power comes on depending on the type of turbo - big HP/torque turbos may have more lag, which is bothersome at the track...etc

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 06-29-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going with switzer for my upgrades...I also like what GMG is doing with the new 4.0 built motor...You should hit them up for sure!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
you should ask mark ...
www.911tuning.com

Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atlboy
I'm new to the Porsche world and I've been talking to a lot of the sponsors on this message board about upgrades. I have a tiptronic turbo with a fabspeed exhaust and thats it. I come from the American Muscle World, and thats all's i know. My main purpose and use for this car is street racing and crusing around with my buddies. As I've learned in the past couple of days of reading hundreds of posts on this forum, it seems to be the same characters with the same story in different situations. A bit like a t.v. Soap opera. All's I want is the best stuff for the money I'm gonna spend.Will the 6speed boys just point me in the right direction.
Talk to Hans at http://www.racperformance.com/

Old 06-30-2011, 07:08 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
For "street"" use I would take your car and the $60k and trade up to a new Turbo S. You'll be faster than most of the tuners and have your full warranty.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Champion

Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
Champion
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
For "street"" use I would take your car and the $60k and trade up to a new Turbo S. You'll be faster than most of the tuners and have your full warranty.
Or you could just do what Arone997TT said AND still have your warranty.

atl...please give me a call sometime. I'd be happy to go over some different options with you. We have several different options available....ALL covered by our unmatched CMS warranty!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Wow! Seven different opinions and we're still on the first page of the thread!
That must be some sort of record!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salerno713
Give EVOMS a call, and tell them you want to go really fast... Their packages are reliable on all fuels, 91,93, 100, and as well as e85. I have their intro turbo kit package and eventually getting the motor build with some big gt3586's capable of ~ 1000 wheel. And oh... 60k should be enough
I would advice against this. It took me over 60 days to get a call back from EVO MS. All I wanted was to spend more money with them. If it takes that much work to spend money with them, imagine how much work it would take to get something addressed after the fact. My 775 kit has been very reliable and works extremely well - I can't say the same about their customer service though.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 AM
atlboy is infamous around these parts
OK..putting the individual tuners aside, now I'm confused about the power. I talked few tuners and I get this whole range of what people say the stock motor can handle. Tom form champion tells me 675 at the wheels which e says is about 840 crank. Dan from vivid says that they have done 1200 crank which would be about 960 wheels with a stock engine. I'm starting to think should have got a gtr

Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Mahzari is infamous around these parts
How much hp do you want? You seem unhappy with 960whp

Personally, I'd give my money to Switzer for their R911 kit. 850whp for $33k and pocket the rest.

Last edited by Mahzari; 06-30-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atlboy
OK..putting the individual tuners aside, now I'm confused about the power. I talked few tuners and I get this whole range of what people say the stock motor can handle. Tom form champion tells me 675 at the wheels which e says is about 840 crank. Dan from vivid says that they have done 1200 crank which would be about 960 wheels with a stock engine. I'm starting to think should have got a gtr
Wow 960whp with a stock engine that's the best i heard yet ..Champion, Switzer, Evoms are put out big packages anyone who gets any of them seem to very happy. I would base on location also shipping cars back and forth 1000s of miles is a real PIA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best turbo/motor upgrade on a 60,000 dollar budget