997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Finally...baby got new shoes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Lovely car and lovely wheels.

Would love to see some more pic's from different angles and distance's!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
What wheels would you guys suggest for black/black TT? Is the only choice black?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Thanks guys! I am super stoked on how these OZ's look. I was a tad hesitant on the black but am soo glad I got em. I was surprised at how light they are and the detail is really nice in person. I decided to put 5mm spacers all around. The offsets are 53 front and 40 rear.

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Looks great! Bought from us?
My shop did! Thanks..you guys (TireRack) are great!

Originally Posted by JmanE55
OP: Well done. I recognize your name from previous from MBW as a fellow E55 owner.
I remember you! Glad to see you are over here too! Cheers!

I took it into my shop today (Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills www.visionmotorsports.com ) for an alignment and this beast was sitting out front..dool. Real GT2 gutted and light as hell. Everytime I go to Vision the guys are super cool and always have some sweet racecars in the shop. One (racecar) I didn't get a picture of was a 4.0L (Gt3 motor) Boxster that was going under the knife for some more mods...sick! If you are ever in the area check them out and ask Dwain to take you through the shop. They do amazing work!

Enjoy!:

Last edited by L8Apex; 06-30-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
More:

Paper thin CF doors:

Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Lovin the new wheels, that rsr ain't bad neither.

Ken

Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Here is a bad shot of my OZ's. No spacers.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
I love these wheels!

Here is a shot pre spacers:

Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Why is everyone running spacers? Does OZ not make exact fitments?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
I think a 40 offset for the rear was the most aggressive fitment for the rear..Damon can chime in if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by sanchezdds
What wheels would you guys suggest for black/black TT? Is the only choice black?
They come in Silver and Gold too but I think Black looks great:

Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 PM
john0719 is infamous around these partsjohn0719 is infamous around these parts
Simply awesome.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
Why is everyone running spacers? Does OZ not make exact fitments?

I dont think they need them at all if you ask me, perfect fit with whatever I was sent by Damon.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Dang the black wheels on the gt2 r kickass.

Ken

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Nice setup. Looks real aggressive!

Totally recommend Damond and the Tire Rack (whether it was bought there or not

Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
You've really got me thinking about these wheels... and the price is VERY reasonable compared to brands like HRE. My car came with 20" Maya DLS wheels that must weigh about 50 lbs a piece...before tire! Not really but you know what I mean.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally...baby got new shoes!