997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Porsche Driving School Experience... Awesome!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thebland
I thought I knew how to drive having owned 3 Porsches. But I learned that I knew very little.
Great review and terrific quote.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing your story with us! Sounds like a 'bucket list' item for sure.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Great write up. My father in law did the course and said he was most impressed at the ride alongs in the turbo cayennes..

Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Great story. Thanks for sharing your fun!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have just booked for the G Force training at Porsche driving school Leipzig, who's coming?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
sshu930 is infamous around these parts
It sounds like you had a great time. For those who have taken the Porsche Driving School, how would it compare to other driving schools like Skip Barber or Bondurant? It sounds like the Porsche driving school would be great way to really understand the uniqueness of a Porsche and how to properly drive the hell out of it on the track.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Personally I can recommend Proformance School out of Seattle. Don Kitch is an awesome guy and a Rolex 24hr champ. Attended about 5 track days with his team - all in all excellent and knowledgeable folks.
For those who haven't attended a track event yet, and own a p-car... I fully recommend the experience. I remember the first track event thinking how arrogant I was going into it, and how humbled I was driving home.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by milou
I have just booked for the G Force training at Porsche driving school Leipzig, who's coming?
To enjoy more driving with this cool dude...i'd love to

Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
To enjoy more driving with this cool dude...i'd love to
Hey,

Good to see you, thx for the pic bro. You're welcome to join the course at September

Old 07-11-2011, 05:29 AM
jouzef is infamous around these parts
I hope i can try it one day

Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM
mgent is infamous around these parts
My FIL and I did the first course last year - was an absolute blast! He has owned 911's for the last 15 or 20 yrs, and bought a Panamera Turbo as the 'family' car after we were able to drive one there... We're heading back for the Masters course later this year hopefully.

Got WAY more track time than either of us expected - we even won the auto-x competition.

Another course that looks cool, but it a bit more money is the Ferrari school up in Canada..

Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
I never thought a cayenne turbo could perform like it did when taken to the limit. Simply blew me away. Its amazing what these cars can do when a professional driver is behind the wheel. Great course, worth every penny. Wish they had PDK when I took it 4 years ago just so I could compare it to a 6spd. If your on the fence about choosing a 6spd or PDK this is a great way to find out. Either way you will never forget the experience.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 PM
TTHunter has a spectacular aura aboutTTHunter has a spectacular aura aboutTTHunter has a spectacular aura about
I have got to do that! Sounds like you had one helluvu time!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sshu930
It sounds like you had a great time. For those who have taken the Porsche Driving School, how would it compare to other driving schools like Skip Barber or Bondurant? It sounds like the Porsche driving school would be great way to really understand the uniqueness of a Porsche and how to properly drive the hell out of it on the track.
I attended the 2 day m-school and the 1 day 6series driving schools. Those were excellent programs and had a lot of fun. The porsche school was very similar in terms of curriculum but it was just better. For starters you have a real track, and get to drive porsches. It is not a big difference but it is a little bit better. Also I thought that it would be different in terms of the driving dynamics of the 911, but there really was not a difference. Maybe because they have done so much to the dynamics of the car to make it much more controllable at high speeds.
Just go and experience it!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
I have to agree with all of the positive comments on the Porsche Driving School. I went to the 2-day Performance Course back in April and plan to do the Masters in the fall. All of the instructors were top notch and easy to get to know. We got all the track time we wanted and the in-car video they give you at the end of the school is really cool and something you can show off to your car buddies when you get home. We even had a couple of hours of off road time in the woods near the track. Absolutely first class and should be on every bucket list. Barbers is a beautiful track. I can still remember every turn and elevation change even now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Porsche Driving School Experience... Awesome!