997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Porsche Driving School Experience... Awesome!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbojohn54
I have to agree with all of the positive comments on the Porsche Driving School. I went to the 2-day Performance Course back in April and plan to do the Masters in the fall. All of the instructors were top notch and easy to get to know. We got all the track time we wanted and the in-car video they give you at the end of the school is really cool and something you can show off to your car buddies when you get home. We even had a couple of hours of off road time in the woods near the track. Absolutely first class and should be on every bucket list. Barbers is a beautiful track. I can still remember every turn and elevation change even now.
Unless there was more than one course in April, we must have been there at the same time.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
I was there on April 20/21. It was raining pretty good to start the day, but the weather got better and better.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbojohn54
I was there on April 20/21. It was raining pretty good to start the day, but the weather got better and better.
Oh guess they did have more than one Performance school that month I was there the week before. Our second day ended with those tornadoes ripping through AL

Old 08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
tqevo is infamous around these parts
Would you recommend the spa they have associated with the driving school? I've registered for a class in December but was wondering if the spa is worth the premium over a regular hotel.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
The hotel is nice, not spectacular. It does come with free shuttle service to the track - 30 minute ride. But we noticed there was a hotel (of lower status probably, but good enough) accross the street from the track which we think we would stay at next time. But there is a nice dinner they provide at the resort on the first night with the instructors and all the particapants.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Uncle Bob is infamous around these parts
Thanks so much for the review, I'm headed there at the end of May...bucket list, 60th b'day all in one. I had a chance to experience some of their capabilities during several events sponsored locally. One was at a local track, another last year at the new track in Shelton, WA. Really looking forward to this!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Totaaly agree I'm up to level 4 when I can afford