997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sickest Key Chain!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
MJ3, the "turbo" lettering is custom...it doesn't have to say "turbo". I believe you can have the guy who hand crafts them engrave anything you wish on that part of the buckle! I'm a huge fan of the font he uses too, which matches Porsche's OEM font on the car. Having him engrave "911" or "carrera" would look pretty sharp too.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM
MJ3
MJ3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RNS
MJ3, the "turbo" lettering is custom...it doesn't have to say "turbo". I believe you can have the guy who hand crafts them engrave anything you wish on that part of the buckle! I'm a huge fan of the font he uses too, which matches Porsche's OEM font on the car. Having him engrave "911" or "carrera" would look pretty sharp too.
Thanks for the info. I will call, find out, and order

Old 08-20-2011, 03:02 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Where car I get one of those ?

Got it thx

Last edited by milou; 08-20-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
milou, it's made by Rob Montana (The Strapsmith). Can google his company, or the link is earlier in this thread. Has a nice website...if you dig enough you'll see other examples of "key fobs" he's made.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:46 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RNS
milou, it's made by Rob Montana (The Strapsmith). Can google his company, or the link is earlier in this thread. Has a nice website...if you dig enough you'll see other examples of "key fobs" he's made.
Thank you, I'll check it now

Old 08-20-2011, 05:09 PM
MJ3
Just sent Rob an email to order. I hope he will make the "911" buckle. I asked about putting "Porsche" on the buckle but I think it might be too long and reduce the size of the font significantly. We'll know when he replies back.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:31 PM
int90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to all
I recall from the web site there's a minimum order of 5 for new buckle designs. You may want to check if others want to share your order.
I got my "turbo" one recently and I'm really happy with it.

Originally Posted by MJ3
Just sent Rob an email to order. I hope he will make the "911" buckle. I asked about putting "Porsche" on the buckle but I think it might be too long and reduce the size of the font significantly. We'll know when he replies back.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
RNS
I was able to place an order for just one custom key chain, unless the rules changed in the last few weeks.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RNS
I was able to place an order for just one custom key chain, unless the rules changed in the last few weeks.
I took the initial hit for everyone by ordering a few 'turbo' keychains. Now, anyone can order 100 or just one. If you request a new design, there is a minimum purchase requirement.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 AM
frankie997 is infamous around these parts
Is there a "Turbo S" version?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:25 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frankie997
Is there a "Turbo S" version?
Please read the thread. If you want an 'S' version (or any other custom fob), you would have to ask Robert if that's possible, then pay for the initial run of 3-5 orders.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I'm in for a Turbo S.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 AM
frankie997 is infamous around these parts
Ok thanks for the information

So far that's 2 "S" s

Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
MJ3
Rob replied to my email and said " I am just about finished with the PORSCHE buckle so I could make you one of those if you like."

He also replied (yesterday) that it would be ready in about a week or two.

Here's that website again:

http://www.thestrapsmith.com

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-25-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor site
Old 08-24-2011, 04:01 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RNS
Mine just arrived, and seeing it in person I have to say the quality is even better than expected. This thing is perfect. The craftsmanship, materials and attention to detail live up to the quality of the car it's customized for. Leather is cut thick and the metal buckle is too. Will likely order more after seeing how well this one turned out.

If you've been on the fence about placing an order or waiting for a group buy, I say just pull the trigger. They are 100% customized pieces built one at a time just for you. You won't be disappointed.

thats what mine looks like...awesome piece!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sickest Key Chain!!