997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rear wheel out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If you are sure there is no offset problem, I really start worrying about structural problems in a used car - previous coliision?

bob

Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Maybe it was dersigned for an Oval track? LOL

Sorry-I checxk mine and it is a turbo S. No issue, I would go to another P car dealer and demand satisfaction. Was the car CPO'd

Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
jdavis911 is infamous around these parts
Ok left the car at body shop all day and no previous paint or new body parts on car, just the lower vent behind wheel prob for cosmetic purposes. Weird thing is my buddy showed me that the driver side front and rear wheels both seem flush and the passenger side both seen receded Could the p store be wrong on the toe in or camber when they did the alignment. Now it's not just one wheel out but potentially both, doesn't make sense maybe it was set up as an oval tracker again any input is appreciated and valued.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Please post the height of the car on all four corners measured from the ground to fenders arch.again is the suspension on your car stock.
there could be a problem with the way your springs seat

Last edited by slawek; 07-06-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok suspension is all stock
-drivers front 27 1/4
-passenger front 26 3/8

Passenger rear 27.5
Driver rear. 27 1/8

All from floor to wheel arch in inches.
Thanks

Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Can any one else take a few minutes to check theirs. Working with a stock 2009 997 TT.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
your car height is pretty uneven especially in the front.
It is possible that your alignment is set correctly and your car drives straight the way it is, even tho wheels on lower site are more in.
With measurements that you posted the car should have that site to site wheel difference.Lower site always will be more in.
First i would suggest to check all springs for proper fitment by a shop that work on Porsche suspensions and not the alignments, they would know if everything is in the right places .
There is also possibility that some of your shocks are bad .
My thought -your car could have after market coilovers or springs installed by prevues owner , and then before sell the car was put back to stack not correctly.

Last edited by slawek; 07-08-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Measure the height properly for accuracy...don't use wheel arch apexes...a lot of variability.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
You beat me to it Bob.

Bob is absolutely right. Do not measure ride height based on any body parts.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Bob, thanks for the info I will re measure tonite. By doing this is there a baseline to measure against that may explain why my wheels are out?
Thanks for all the help guys!!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Ride height for a 997 Turbo with OEM suspension:

132mm +/- 10mm front

153mm +/- 10mm rear

Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
1)check that the wheels are of the correct width...
2)check allignment and report us toe in front and rear...
if all above are ok...then something more serious has happened...

Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Ok wheels are stock so good there, I have a copy of alignment printout at the office and will report that tomorrow.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
First, post a pic.
Second, there is no more or less variability measuring as you did. In fact, that is where most sanctioning bodies (SCCA,ALMS, NASCAR for ex) measure the ride ht on cars during tech inspections.
Back to topic, your car is not right based on your descriptions.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdavis911
Yep it's driving me a bit batty. Good thought on the body panel being repaired poorly. There was no accident history on the car fax however there looked to be re paint on the lower vent behind the wheel. I will have my buddy's body shop have a closer look at it. Any other thoughts, could this be a factory defect when the body's mounted to the frame. I had the tech check the mounts and all looked in order.
CarFax only is accurate if the previous owner went thru insurance to fix the problem. If he paid cash then CarFax will not have it. I found this out on a 968 that I was looking to buy. I thad 2 fender benders and the owner fixed it with cash. My buddy at the dealership gave me the inside info . . . CarFax was clean . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear wheel out