997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Paddle shifter retrofit..HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
Paddle shifter retrofit..HELP!

Has anyone been able to retrofit a new style paddle shifter to a 997.1 TT? I am told it can NOT be done...that for some reason, it fits on other tiptronic P cars but not the Turbo. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Suncoast had a retro kit on their website...I don't see it any more...I would ask them since they use to sell it..

Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't want to "out" him, but Ryan is the one who told me that...I was just hoping one of the genius techies on here might have figured out a way around this problem.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I know somebody bought the kit, but was having trouble getting it to work...I guess there is no direct way to make it fix at the time unless you find somebody like you said then...

Old 07-13-2011, 05:03 PM
NJR911 is infamous around these parts
I had Ryan get me a paddle wheel for my 07 turbo because He thought it would work. After a wasted day he found out what his tech's already new that IT WOULD NOT WORK ON A TIPTRONIC TURBO. It only retrofits a 09 and up pdk that did not come with paddle shifters! I sold my 07 turbo and have been looking for the right pdk turbo/turbo S with paddles. In the end Suncoast said they would take care of me for all my trouble ( hope they still will some day ).

Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Trturbo is infamous around these parts
The current Porsche paddle shifter wheel will not work on a 07 911 Turbo tip.
My Porsche dealer made several attempts to get it to work but failed. I finally went with the FVD paddle shifter wheel. 30 minutes to install and no problems. IMO it is a major improvement over the stock push button wheel. The wheel is thicker with a much better overall feel . I was surprised how much difference the wheel would make. The only downside is no Porsche emblem. Super quality. Give Rhonda a call at FVD. Attached are pictures of the wheel and after it was installed.

Attached Images   
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks Trturbo...that looks like the best option unless I want to pony up for a 997.2! Nice wheel!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Can this wheel be embossed? It really looks like something is missing with the crest but there anymore.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I've actually seen the Porsche emblem attached to that very wheel. Yes, it can be done.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
That's the same wheel Gemballa has on offer, of course the logo is different.