997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
I bought the TTS as the price when optioned out was no different or better than a TT.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
@TTSurgeon- Agree.
My car is a 2010 tt black/black with 14,000 miles in excellent shape. They are offering $115,000 for my car. They are selling a 2011 TTS with 3000 miles for $154,000. I would have to pay around $51,000 for the car. I would get a refund of $3,900 for the extended warranty for my 2010.
I would be getting a car with less miles. It is a DD for me and I drive my cars. I put approx 15 to 20k/ yr. A 2011 rather than a 2010. A color other than black( metallic grey). It is a TTS with the extra hp.
I need help from you guys to rationalize this....is it worth the move from a 2010 to a 2011 tts?
IMHO go with the TTS. Consider also the fact that there are less TTS's out there than the TT.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:56 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gerbs
IMHO go with the TTS. Consider also the fact that there are less TTS's out there than the TT.
Thanks Gerbs for your input. I'm torn with the fact that it's essentially the same car. I just do not hear any convincing evidence that it is in fact a way step ahead of the TT. Also, I'll be loosing the monies I paid in taxes and the trade. The dealership is giving me -10K compared to what I actually paid for the car a few weeks ago, which I think is pretty fair.

Do I take the hit now, or do I trade the 2010 in 3 yrs with approx 70k miles and take the hit then, due to the high mileage. The TT is a beautiful car, and I feel awful that I am even entertaining the idea of switch the car. I definitely need therapy.....

Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I drove both before deciding on the tts. I loved Both car. I came from an M3 background so either was a huge upgrade. The tts was not much more than a similarly equipped tt. I liked the look on the centrlocking rims. That with the ceramic brakes and a few other goodies brought it close enough to go for it. I originally walked in the door to buy a manual and at the suggestion of the sales person drove a pdk. Wow-I can drive a stick and the pdk is just flawless. I loved the control of a manual on any sports car but I have not missed it one bit.

The car is a total beast and I am still leading my way around it.

In either case you are sure to get an awesome car. Enjoy it in good health!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JSF721
I drove both before deciding on the tts. I loved Both car. I came from an M3 background so either was a huge upgrade. The tts was not much more than a similarly equipped tt. I liked the look on the centrlocking rims. That with the ceramic brakes and a few other goodies brought it close enough to go for it. I originally walked in the door to buy a manual and at the suggestion of the sales person drove a pdk. Wow-I can drive a stick and the pdk is just flawless. I loved the control of a manual on any sports car but I have not missed it one bit.

The car is a total beast and I am still leading my way around it.

In either case you are sure to get an awesome car. Enjoy it in good health!
I'm coming from an M5 as well and am blow away with the car. Did you notice a worth while difference between the TT and the TTS?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I'm coming from an M5 as well and am blow away with the car. Did you notice a worth while difference between the TT and the TTS?

Worthwhile? I guess its in the eyes and ears and feel of the car but yes I did. And for the extra $ it was small as compared the the whole purchase. I wanted the centerlocks so it really just made sense.

The car is awesome. Put some miles on it today and it makes me smile every single time I fire it up. Mine is a cab, white with a Natural Gray interior. Some CF on the interior and I am so happy just the way it is. I am not much for Modding a car like this. It does everything I ask of it.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:05 AM
I test drove the TTS today. I do have to say that it is a different car compared to my TT. The way that I can best describe the car is that it's "Raw". It is more responsive compared to the TT. It has a deeper growl, and I loved that part of it. I am not saying for a second that the TT is a slouch by any means, but the tts is just a little more aggresive and just more ready to pounce.
I was actually expecting not much of a difference between the TT and tts, but do have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the test drive. Now that I test drove the car, I am more confused. I just was not expecting to feel a clear distinction between them. What to do???? Why is it so hard!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 AM
I test drove the TTS today. I do have to say that it is a different car compared to my TT. The way that I can best describe the car is that it's "Raw". It is more responsive compared to the TT. It has a deeper growl, and I loved that part of it. I am not saying for a second that the TT is a slouch by any means, but the tts is just a little more aggresive and just more ready to pounce.
I was actually expecting not much of a difference between the TT and tts, but do have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the test drive. Now that I test drove the car, I am more confused. I just was not expecting to feel a clear distinction between them. What to do???? Why is it so hard!
You can't go wrong. Both great cars.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 AM
It's only money right?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
It's only money right?
Exactly! You only live once! If you have the means, go for it. If you need another rationale, your TT technically speaking doesn't have a color. Black on a car isn't a color. It's a hobby!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
bwiele,

I like your style! hahaha
It's been so hard to make a decision to buy this car, so soon after I made the purchase of my black tt. I just feel that I might be unfaithful to my tt if I keep her and continue to eye the tts. I just would hate to do that to her. She deserves better and really it's not her, it's all me. I'm a jerk!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by bwiele
Exactly! You only live once! If you have the means, go for it. If you need another rationale, your TT technically speaking doesn't have a color. Black on a car isn't a color. It's a hobby!
You are right black is not a color it is a full time job!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 PM
bwiele,

I like your style! hahaha
It's been so hard to make a decision to buy this car, so soon after I made the purchase of my black tt. I just feel that I might be unfaithful to my tt if I keep her and continue to eye the tts. I just would hate to do that to her. She deserves better and really it's not her, it's all me. I'm a jerk!
If I already owned your car, it would really come down to how badly I would get beat on the trade and how much the money bothered/meant to me. If you have the excess means, do it. If not, be happy-you are driving a super car.

Most people who are not car guys dont know a tts from an Carrera! No kidding, I was asked why I put the holes in the rear fenders by a guy at a local car meet. I told him that the car is a Twin Turbo "S" cabrio and he told me his neighbor has the same exact car but without the holes in the rear fenders ! I told him the holes are vents to feed the turbo unit. He said I thought they cool the brakes. I said maybe the rears to some extent but mainly to feed the turbos. He then asked if the S stands for Sport?

Oh what fun!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
Since you already own the TT and would have to take a hit on the switch (second round of taxes, slight depreciation in what the dealer would give)...I would enjoy the car as you originally intended when buying it (you have an incredible car), and a few years later treat yourself to a 991 TT. Invest the downpayment on the new one.

Porsche released a new teaser video today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5mSjtFcIk24

Old 07-19-2011, 07:40 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Thanks for the teaser video link!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike