997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:18 AM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
997tt

From a non-tt owner: That's a lot of coin for a color shift, though I understand the selection. You could buy a second lightly used gray 911 (non-turbo) for the spread. Choosing each day would be interesting . . .

Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RNS
Since you already own the TT and would have to take a hit on the switch (second round of taxes, slight depreciation in what the dealer would give)...I would enjoy the car as you originally intended when buying it (you have an incredible car), and a few years later treat yourself to a 991 TT. Invest the downpayment on the new one.

Porsche released a new teaser video today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5mSjtFcIk24
Thanks for the nice video and you are right to call it a teaser.

Now the reason that it's been so hard to make the decision is because the TT is such a great car. I feel guilty for even entertaining the idea of trading this new car( for me). The black is such a pain to keep clean, and can't believe I got into another. I drove the TTS and the car is like the TT but has that little extra. I'm so "close" to it in terms of $ that it makes some sense to me. They are also giving me a very fair trade for my TT.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
From a non-tt owner: That's a lot of coin for a color shift, though I understand the selection. You could buy a second lightly used gray 911 (non-turbo) for the spread. Choosing each day would be interesting . . .
Thanks for posting. I know it's a lot of $, but it's not only the color that has me entertaining the idea of trading. I'm eying the TTS.

For some extra$, I can get the TTS which has a more responsive throttle, suspension feels better, more torque, different color, and the engine sound is so much better. They are offering a fair trade for my car, so this might be the only time that i might do a trade that makes any sense.
Now, my only weakness are cars, so I get the fact that it might not be the brightest choice. Buying a car this expensive (TT) is not the brightest choice to my financial adviser, but this is wehat brings a big ole smile to my face.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Bite that Bullet

Sounds to me like you're ready. Getting what you want is important. I had a c4 997.1 in black. I love it but traded to the 997.2 in meteor gray because of the trans, pasm, etc. I didn't mind the upkeep and my Wife was happier w/ the c4. The ride was a bit softer and she loved the 6speed. But I love the '09 ! Just the upgrade to the awd and psm are worth the change, let along the direct injection.

Most tts come with pdk correct ? Does your present pcar have one ?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
I did it!

Originally Posted by LPpfs997
Sounds to me like you're ready. Getting what you want is important. I had a c4 997.1 in black. I love it but traded to the 997.2 in meteor gray because of the trans, pasm, etc. I didn't mind the upkeep and my Wife was happier w/ the c4. The ride was a bit softer and she loved the 6speed. But I love the '09 ! Just the upgrade to the awd and psm are worth the change, let along the direct injection.

Most tts come with pdk correct ? Does your present pcar have one ?
I purchased a 2011 Meteor Grey TTS with spyder wheels. My TT has PDK and it's amazing. This morning coming back from the gym, I tested the PDK in sports mode and it was unbelievable. I had a big smile on my face. I can't believe that I had not bought a Porsche until now.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Great New Ride ! Is it leftover or new, how many miles and which seats does it have ?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
I purchased a 2011 Meteor Grey TTS with spyder wheels. My TT has PDK and it's amazing. This morning coming back from the gym, I tested the PDK in sports mode and it was unbelievable. I had a big smile on my face. I can't believe that I had not bought a Porsche until now.
Congratulations-must be one of the best colors available! We need some photos.......

Cheers,

Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM
It's pre-owned with 3000 miles, so was able to get the car at a discount. It has the adaptive sport seats. The only option that it doesn't have that I'll miss is satellite radio.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
Congratulations-must be one of the best colors available! We need some photos.......

Cheers,
Thanks! I'll post pictures soon.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Well done. You made a good choice. Now don't forget the happy snaps.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by gerbs
Well done. You made a good choice. Now don't forget the happy snaps.
Thanks. I have to get acquainted with my girl and then the happy snaps.