997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike

I am interested to know the difference in power between the 997.2 TT and TTS. Is the power of the extra 30 hp noticeable enough to get the TTS? How are the driving dynamics of the car compared to the TT?

I had the dealer tell me that the TT at WOT has the same 530 hp for 10 sec as the TTS. The TTS just carries the HP all the time. Is this true?

What is the biggest selling point of this car compared to the TT?
Thanks in advance for your helpful input.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Actually, the biggest selling point for the TT was that it was available with traditional 6-spd tranny. With the same options and if you want PDK the TTS has more value and is slightly cheaper here in Canada. I also didn't like the centre lock wheel design and extra weight of the TTS wheels which are standard. Regardless, I would have gone with the TTS if I wanted PDK.

My sales guy told me the 30HP difference between the two is almost insignificant when you already have 500hp on tap. He said he couldn't feel it on the butt dyno.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I believe the S gets the hp from the boost change--- The hp and tq is always there. I have a 997.2TT non S and am doing the EVOMSit tune today and I should be even faster than a stock S.

The non S does not carry the 530 hp at WOT but the TQ on the non S in sport mode is the same when you get the up arrow in the display.

I got the non S cause mine was loaded with all the S goodies sans the PCCB and I dont track... I save a lot of money and got the color and interior I wanted. The tune will make my car awesome (it is already).

Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I still do not see a clear difference between the tt and the tts. Shouldn't there be more than 30 hp to entice people to buy this model for an extra 30- 40k?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
The S includes PDK, Ceramic Brakes, Torque vectoring, steerable headlights, centerlock wheels and the sports chrono package as standard. These are all extras in the TT. by the time you add all of the extras to make a TT comparably equipped to an TTS, the price difference is pretty small.

Plus you get the awe inspiring S badge in the deal.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:06 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
IIRC someone had a video of a TTS and TT both running side by side in a drag race with virtually no lead for either car

Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I know what you are saying, but there is no clear distinction between them. You change add all the options to a tt, so u have practically a tts minus 30hps.... Is that right?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Hoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
I still do not see a clear difference between the tt and the tts. Shouldn't there be more than 30 hp to entice people to buy this model for an extra 30- 40k?
It is more then just the 30hp, it is the way it is programmed that makes a huge difference. If you talk to Todd at Evoms he can explain it better. Even if you get a non S, you can get his tune which is based on the S. The difference in driveability is huge. That is what I did.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
In my opinion and having driven both the only real difference is the PDK and the driving dynamics that go with the PDK (full boost, launch control and blindingly fast shifts - seemless maybe more accurate). As for me, I would go for the 6 speed manual and pick and choose options of my choosing along the lines of Vic55. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
If you have a chance to drive both, I am willing to bet that within 5 minutes you will be inclined towards one OR the other. <o></o>
<o></o>
Have fun and best of luck. <o></o>

Old 07-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Thumbs up Turbo S

I purchased the S because of the unquestionable quickness of the PDK. It is an amazing car. Beyond that the brakes and the dealer spec'd colors were exactly what I would have chosen myself . Black on Black with Yellow Gauges, Yellow Threads & Seat Belt is my favorite - it is beautiful.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
IIRC someone had a video of a TTS and TT both running side by side in a drag race with virtually no lead for either car
Saw it. I'd suggest the extra hp of the S can be felt during in gear acceleration but from a standing start there evidently appears to be barely a difference worthy of mention. I read in a professional test review that the S doesn't put the power down as well as the non S from a dig as it loses a bit of traction from wheel spin.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
I purchased a 2010 Turbo Black/Black and I am having second thoughts on the color combo. There is a 2011 metallic grey Turbo S/Black interior that could be had for $45,000 with the trade of my car. I am contemplating getting the S, but am a little undecided at the moment.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
I test drove a TT with PDK whilst my TTS was on order. I was very impressed with the power as well as how quick the shifts with the PDK were. But I still wanted the TTS as it comes standard with the "non cosmetic" options that I really wanted. Mind you I did order a little "fruit" too.

On paper there is only 30HP difference between the TT and TTS. I did read a thread where the rated 530 HP of the TTS was more conservative in relation to the rated 500 HP of the TT.

At the end of the day it's up to personal choice and I'm more than happy with the choice I made.

Good luck with yours

Old 07-15-2011, 11:57 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Guys on this board have independently dyno'd the s at ~480 hp at the wheels, on the same dyno a 997.1 makes around 385hp, so I think the 530 is extremely conservative, probably more like 560hp.
Before I got mine, I had an extensive test drive in a new 2012tt/non s.....the s is significantly faster, plus all the goodies that come standard.
Re sanchezdds, if you have a 2010tt with the gt1 engine, black on black....I would not do that trade. You'll get skinned alive.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:08 AM
@TTSurgeon- Agree.
My car is a 2010 tt black/black with 14,000 miles in excellent shape. They are offering $115,000 for my car. They are selling a 2011 TTS with 3000 miles for $154,000. I would have to pay around $51,000 for the car. I would get a refund of $3,900 for the extended warranty for my 2010.
I would be getting a car with less miles. It is a DD for me and I drive my cars. I put approx 15 to 20k/ yr. A 2011 rather than a 2010. A color other than black( metallic grey). It is a TTS with the extra hp.
I need help from you guys to rationalize this....is it worth the move from a 2010 to a 2011 tts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 TTS Owners and pro's alike