997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Does Europipe offer a street exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Does Europipe offer a street exhaust

Leaving my 997.2TT as quiet as possible but with an improved exhaust note is something I am researching. The website, I have found, is not as easy to follow as I expected. What "stage" represents the Europipe Street exhaust and is the traditional 7-10 days accurate?

Secondly, How is the drone?

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 07-16-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Europipe has only one version of the 997.2 exhaust.
Exactly as you describe you want. Civilised exotic sound.

The stage 1 and stage 2 EP is for the 997.1 tt.

Turnaround time for manufacturing should not be more than 1 week normally.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Europipe has only one version of the 997.2 exhaust.
Exactly as you describe you want. Civilised exotic sound.

The stage 1 and stage 2 EP is for the 997.1 tt.

Turnaround time for manufacturing should not be more than 1 week normally.

Thank You!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:02 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
My order experience was first rate, you cant go wrong with this company.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:08 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slow911TT68Tip
Leaving my 997.2TT as quiet as possible but with an improved exhaust note is something I am researching. The website, I have found, is not as easy to follow as I expected. What "stage" represents the Europipe Street exhaust and is the traditional 7-10 days accurate?

Secondly, How is the drone?
Check their website - always a good source of info. They are listed on the banner on the right side of this page.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:28 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
My experience with Europipe was great. Delivered a first rate product when promised. No drone, not too loud until your floor the accelerator, then just loud enough.

Their installation instructions and tools are great if you are DIY. I previously posted some pictures from my installation a few months ago.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:42 PM
jdavis911 is infamous around these parts
Enter Content

Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
Stef was great with his overall assistance and guidance through the purchase process. EP delivered an exceptional exhaust that doesn't have any drone, and possesses the subtle pops and gurgles that are quite intoxicating on down shifts into the corner. Bottom line, great mod.

Jay

Old 07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
My only concern with any exhaust on a 997.2 is the internal backpressure sensor, that will sense a reduction in backpressure from the aftermarket system and back off power. This mandates a flash, something I won't do on a 9a1 motor .
The two best exhausts for a 997.2 are the EP and probably the Awe crossflow, followed by the akroprovic.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
One positive of a better flowing exhaust is lower EGTs, which is always good especially on VTG turbochargers.

Chris, can you elaborate more about the backpressure sensor?

b

Last edited by bbywu; 07-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:16 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Bob,

The car's ECU is reading the amount of back pressure coming out from the exhaust back to the turbines.

If the ECU detects lower back pressure than what is generated by the stock exhaust, timing is pulled and power is reduced.

This issue is resolved with a tune.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
You must be misinformed as there are no exhaust backpressure sensors on the 997.2 Turbo engine at all.

Unlike its predecessors, the 997.2 Turbo engine has no MAF sensors. The intake air mass is calculated in the ECU control unit by the signals of a boost pressure and air temperature sensor inside the intake manifold.

The only reason for the performance increase with our sport exhaust on a 997.2 Turbo is because of its lower backpressure. You really do feel the better throttle response and the increased hp and tq at low rpm and midrange but at the top rpm range the ECU takes over and the gains are gone. So the ECU regulates the maximum boost pressure by activating the servo motors on the VTG turbochargers. Unless you modify the ECU and alter the maximum boost settings you won't get any increase on top of the original maximum hp.

Hope this makes sense but let me know if this would not be clear.

Cheers, Stef

Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Bob,

The car's ECU is reading the amount of back pressure coming out from the exhaust back to the turbines.

If the ECU detects lower back pressure than what is generated by the stock exhaust, timing is pulled and power is reduced.

This issue is resolved with a tune.

If anyone recalls I was going for a full package from Champion but have decided to go with an exhaust, intercoolers, and a tune. The feedback I recieved (even from CMS) made too much sense and knocked me back to reality. I will wait until they come up with a solution for the clutch, fuel system, and tranny on the PDK before I add larger turbos. To tell you the truth I may limit my upgrades to those listed above.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 07-17-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
You must be misinformed as there are no exhaust backpressure sensors on the 997.2 Turbo engine at all.

Unlike its predecessors, the 997.2 Turbo engine has no MAF sensors. The intake air mass is calculated in the ECU control unit by the signals of a boost pressure and air temperature sensor inside the intake manifold.

The only reason for the performance increase with our sport exhaust on a 997.2 Turbo is because of its lower backpressure. You really do feel the better throttle response and the increased hp and tq at low rpm and midrange but at the top rpm range the ECU takes over and the gains are gone. So the ECU regulates the maximum boost pressure by activating the servo motors on the VTG turbochargers. Unless you modify the ECU and alter the maximum boost settings you won't get any increase on top of the original maximum hp.

Hope this makes sense but let me know if this would not be clear.

Cheers, Stef
Stef: If you can send me a quote and leadtime that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 07-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Stef,

That's why I said the ECU is measuring, not back pressure sensors.

But your explanation is far better than mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Europipe offer a street exhaust