997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Champion GT2 3.8 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
What is the target WHP?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by milou
What is the target WHP?
950 on C16 mix - I am betting on 1000+

Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I wish you all the best bro, Can't wait for real results

Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slow911TT68Tip
950 on C16 mix - I am betting on 1000+
thats will be awesome bro .. all the best to you

but why you want to run c16 ? is it bad for plugs and may damage the o2 sensors ??

Old 09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
I have been advised my #'s are a bit high but close enough. I will use a C16 mix for "Fun runs". Otherwise, I will stick with 93. Should have final #'s in a week or so. CMS is putting alot of effort into bldg the smoothest driving car they possibly can. I understand the power is very linear with no spikes and high predictability; not just peaks but solid chunks of power. The clutch I chose is very light but holds the power very well. The suspension and predictability of the the power to the ground is further established with suspension upgrades and the LSD. The car should be a real pleasure to drive. Cant wait to crank her up and take a run on the road and track. I wanted a very reliable, low MTBF high performance car, predictable when pushed hard. From the information I am receiving it looks like my desired specs are in check. It will be a a beast but tamed and no pulling to one side or the other as some GT2's have displayed.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 09-16-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
So let me get this straight... this 3.8 build is going to use chamions 68mm turbos to push 800+whp on the stock computer with no electronic boost controller like other big turbo kits?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by salerno713
So let me get this straight... this 3.8 build is going to use chamions 68mm turbos to push 800+whp on the stock computer with no electronic boost controller like other big turbo kits?
That's correct. The turbos are VTG and boost is 100% ECU controlled.

Sorry I haven't updated yet, but we're still finalizing the tuning. I wanted to wait til it was 100%. But I'll give you a little teaser/hint...power is already above the number you mentioned.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Im excited to see numbers- With that kit and functionality that it runs 100% on the stock ecu. Sounds like the ultimate package. Makes me think about switching tuners maybe - On the flipside- I have seen you spent weeks and weeks on this project and I know a ton of it was Research and Development but hopefully the next build doesnt take that long! Since the initial numbers are above 800+; im assuming the motor is built from the bottom end and up including valves, spring, rods, pistons , cam shaft with upgraded fuel components? What would be the maintenance on this set up require?

Impressive Tom, looks like an amazing build. A ton of rep points to you and the owner of this car.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by salerno713
Im excited to see numbers- With that kit and functionality that it runs 100% on the stock ecu. Sounds like the ultimate package. Makes me think about switching tuners maybe - On the flipside- I have seen you spent weeks and weeks on this project and I know a ton of it was Research and Development but hopefully the next build doesnt take that long! Since the initial numbers are above 800+; im assuming the motor is built from the bottom end and up including valves, spring, rods, pistons , cam shaft with upgraded fuel components? What would be the maintenance on this set up require?

Impressive Tom, looks like an amazing build. A ton of rep points to you and the owner of this car.
Yes, it's a complete build from the bottom up. Crank, cases, rods, pistons, heads....you name it. Check this thread...it will show you all the work we've done on this car:

(make sure to check the original thread too) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-shape.html

This build took a bit longer because the owner (slowtip on here) said that he wanted to push the envelope with this car. We developed a few new parts on his car that are now available for purchase. Our carbon intake manifolds and 997TT fuel system...to name a couple.

Typical turnaround on a build like this would be no more then 45-60 days from the day we receive the car. In fact, our One Lap Of America 997 GT2 came back to our shop in mid-August for the same build as this car. That car is scheduled to be shipped back to it's owner in early October.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
sick...

Old 12-23-2011, 03:25 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
wow this came up on a search, what a amazing project. Im stunned.

Last edited by lopro; 12-23-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
That's correct. The turbos are VTG and boost is 100% ECU controlled.

Sorry I haven't updated yet, but we're still finalizing the tuning. I wanted to wait til it was 100%. But I'll give you a little teaser/hint...power is already above the number you mentioned.
i did not think that tunning will take 3 months

guys whats wrong ?? me ans scott softronic exchange many emails to fine tune my car , a tune that fit my power range , so whats wrong with your build , i was waiting to see some results , but still nothing

Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 AM
orygunturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ysfg35
i did not think that tunning will take 3 months

guys whats wrong ?? me ans scott softronic exchange many emails to fine tune my car , a tune that fit my power range , so whats wrong with your build , i was waiting to see some results , but still nothing
I read through this thread and related links and while it looks like it started out as an awesome build, something must have gone wrong, otherwise there would be a dyno or something posted to show performance. Just like the R911 guy, what happened? Where's the dyno? Something is not right. You don't go posting your build like this and then just leave the result hangin.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe caboom

Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 AM
The GT2

No the car didnt go kaboom. As a matter of fact it runs perfect with ample torque and HP at over 850WHP and 800 FT#. The hold up is an obsession on behalf of CMS and myself to built the very best GT2 possible for just about any situation which may come my way. I am going overseas and they have it putting more goodies on as we speak including Ohlin CO's, alot of CF, and about 30 other additions

The car will be pretty much complete when I receive it back in Mid-Jan but it will not be totally complete until spring of this year and ~ 1100-1150 WHP+.

I will post a complete break down of the build but want to wait until we are closer to completion. I keep adding as CMS is also. If we would just stop adding we would have been done months ago.

So Far
Complete Rebuild, Blue Printed, 3.8 Ltr, ALL New Internal Components
Complete new Suspension.
Complete new Drive trane.
GT2RS front and rear end (body).
Caged
Porsche GT2 harness capable seats
Carbon Fiber ground effects (aero)
Short Shifter
Several sets of wheels including OEM with Sport Cups, Forgeline (2 sets GA3R) 18" with R888's and MT Street II Dr's, have also tested the Pirelli Trofeos.
Video System ( This is my business - I build video systems for military applications).
Honerable mention..............ERP or RPS Triple Carbon Clutch...Love it...moderate peddle pressure........holding power to 1250 FT#.
...............and many, many more components , too many to mention.

I will post pics when I return in mid-Jan.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 12-25-2011 at 07:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Champion GT2 3.8 Build