997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Champion GT2 3.8 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:13 AM
tommyg500 is infamous around these parts
And the wheels are Champion?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Forgeline

Originally Posted by tommyg500
And the wheels are Champion?
I went with Forgeline 3 PC GA3R's in 18" so I can broaden my availability of tires. The only way of taking TC off is to use the MT DR's (Street II DOT rated). Champion has excellent wheels but decided to go a different route this time around.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 12-25-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dinan///M5
Until you look at every picture, you can not fully understand the level of quality, craftsmanship and thought being put into this amazing, amazing build....Its one thing to tell a shop to build you a car with XXX HP, hand it over to them and recieve it back fully completed. But its another to actually see every aspect being addressed and how. And from what it all looks like start to finish. To me, this really makes you appreciate the build on an entirely new level... I am simply blow away. Congrats to you on this spectacular build and car... And kudos to Champion for again showing us the amount of effort and craftsmanship put into these builds. Cant wait to see more!

This is right on the money. Champion has apllied all their knowledge and expertise into this build. I cant wait to bring the car to the next level, ie, 1000WHP+.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 12-31-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:09 AM
orygunturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slow911TT68Tip
No the car didnt go kaboom. As a matter of fact it runs perfect with ample torque and HP at over 850WHP and 800 FT#. The hold up is an obsession on behalf of CMS and myself to built the very best GT2 possible for just about any situation which may come my way. I am going overseas and they have it putting more goodies on as we speak including Ohlin CO's, alot of CF, and about 30 other additions

The car will be pretty much complete when I receive it back in Mid-Jan but it will not be totally complete until spring of this year and ~ 1100-1150 WHP+.

I will post a complete break down of the build but want to wait until we are closer to completion. I keep adding as CMS is also. If we would just stop adding we would have been done months ago.

So Far
Complete Rebuild, Blue Printed, 3.8 Ltr, ALL New Internal Components
Complete new Suspension.
Complete new Drive trane.
GT2RS front and rear end (body).
Caged
Porsche GT2 harness capable seats
Carbon Fiber ground effects (aero)
Short Shifter
Several sets of wheels including OEM with Sport Cups, Forgeline (2 sets GA12R) 18" with R888's and MT Street II Dr's, have also tested the Pirelli Trofeos.
Video System ( This is my business - I build video systems for military applications).
Honerable mention..............ERP or RPS Triple Carbon Clutch...Love it...moderate peddle pressure........holding power to 1250 FT#.
...............and many, many more components , too many to mention.

I will post pics when I return in mid-Jan.
Man, you must be dropping some serious cash on this baby. Why not just get a UGRTTG or Bugatti? I don't think P-car is worth that much. Not exotic enough. Can you post some dynos?

Last edited by orygunturbo; 12-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by orygunturbo
Man, you must be dropping some serious cash on this baby. Why not just get a UGRTTG or Bugatti? I don't think P-car is worth that much. Not exotic enough. Can you post some dynos?

I happen to like P-Cars and Vettes; to each his own. I will post dyno graphs in a few. However, I am seriously considering a Ford GT built by Dallas Performance - cant go wrong there.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 12-24-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Crazy build. Lots of hardware goodies but did I miss who is doing the all important tune? GIAC?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Correct

Originally Posted by bonehead
Crazy build. Lots of hardware goodies but did I miss who is doing the all important tune? GIAC?
GIAC and CMS

Old 12-24-2011, 02:54 PM
skinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to behold
sickkkkkk build..Good luck with it..love to see dyno numbers

Old 12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Hitting Sebring with it any time soon?

My guess is this is a car that will post a 1:5x lap time on race rubber -- in the right hands, of course

Last edited by djben; 12-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Sebring et al

Soon as possible. We will see what the times are.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
What an absolutely epic build. Subscribing for sure, and cannot wait to see the updated pictures in time. Best wishes!

Old 12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
post some pics of this car man. i havent seen it. or a link to some pics. Or vids of it when you get out on track.
I cant wait to hear more. this sounds like its one of the better gt2 builds on the board, if not the best then its the best that ive found. sounds amazing what you done.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by lopro
post some pics of this car man. i havent seen it. or a link to some pics. Or vids of it when you get out on track.
I cant wait to hear more. this sounds like its one of the better gt2 builds on the board, if not the best then its the best that ive found. sounds amazing what you done.

Here is a link but way out of date. http://championmotorsportonline.net/?p=1404

Old 12-24-2011, 09:58 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
from the link***

We normally have a constant stock of 65mm and 68mm Billet VTG turbos for the 997TT in order to reduce wait times for our customers. Well now GT2 owners can also take advantage of our “no-wait” turbo upgrades, since we’re now stocking our 68mm GT2 Billet VTG upgrade as well!
So, on to the fun stuff. After spending a few weeks in his 997.1 Turbo Cab equipped with our full 68mm VTG turbo package, a customer of ours decided it was time to bring in his GT2 for some upgrades. Well….a few upgrades quickly turned into a full build! You can’t have a tiptronic turbo cab that’s faster then your GT2, right?? Everyone should have 2 700 whp 997′s.
So here she is after arrival yesterday. The build will include our 68mm Billet VTG Turbo’s, Champion exhaust manifolds, intercoolers, carbon y-pipe, GIAC programming, Tubi race exhaust, etc etc. Based on our last GT2 upgrade which used our 65mm Billet turbos (which made 688whp), we’re expecting somewhere north of 700whp for this one.
Stay tuned, I’ll update this regularly with pictures, info, and dyno sheets as soon as I have them. ~ Champion

oh wow this build is incredible to say the least, absolutely amazing.
i wish i had the coin to own the gt2 aswell as the gt3 stuff im into right now.
I love that car very much but the msrp was over my cash flow back when i first I bought my car. I think your build is amazing.
all the work going onto this is serious buisness. i love every pic in that link. I spent a few hours tonight going thru the thread and all those pics, taking time researching some of champion's stuff on that site and so on. unreal. those archives are something to go thru. What a good read, they really have lots of experience.
interesting stuff for me, someone whos looking to learn anything i can about porsche, no matter gt3 or 2 or cup, It's all interesting!
thanks for posting that link. good luck with the build although with champion working with it, i dont think you need luck.

Champion motorsports is one hell of a great company to be working with. Im about to get some parts from them. I love their ads i always see in the magazine/ speaking of ads, is your car the one on the inside cover of the "911&Porsche world"magazing issue 212~ It's a FVD ad. Maybe I HAVE THE WRONG CAR?

Last edited by lopro; 12-25-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by lopro
from the link***

We normally have a constant stock of 65mm and 68mm Billet VTG turbos for the 997TT in order to reduce wait times for our customers. Well now GT2 owners can also take advantage of our “no-wait” turbo upgrades, since we’re now stocking our 68mm GT2 Billet VTG upgrade as well!
So, on to the fun stuff. After spending a few weeks in his 997.1 Turbo Cab equipped with our full 68mm VTG turbo package, a customer of ours decided it was time to bring in his GT2 for some upgrades. Well….a few upgrades quickly turned into a full build! You can’t have a tiptronic turbo cab that’s faster then your GT2, right?? Everyone should have 2 700 whp 997′s.
So here she is after arrival yesterday. The build will include our 68mm Billet VTG Turbo’s, Champion exhaust manifolds, intercoolers, carbon y-pipe, GIAC programming, Tubi race exhaust, etc etc. Based on our last GT2 upgrade which used our 65mm Billet turbos (which made 688whp), we’re expecting somewhere north of 700whp for this one.
Stay tuned, I’ll update this regularly with pictures, info, and dyno sheets as soon as I have them. ~ Champion

oh wow this build is incredible to say the least, absolutely amazing.
i wish i had the coin to own the gt2 aswell as the gt3 stuff im into right now.
I love that car very much but the msrp was over my cash flow back when i first I bought my car. I think your build is amazing.
all the work going onto this is serious buisness. i love every pic in that link. I spent a few hours tonight going thru the thread and all those pics, taking time researching some of champion's stuff on that site and so on. unreal. those archives are something to go thru. What a good read, they really have lots of experience.
interesting stuff for me, someone whos looking to learn anything i can about porsche, no matter gt3 or 2 or cup, It's all interesting!
thanks for posting that link. good luck with the build although with champion working with it, i dont think you need luck.

Champion motorsports is one hell of a great company to be working with. Im about to get some parts from them. I love their ads i always see in the magazine/ speaking of ads, is your car the one on the inside cover of the "911&Porsche world"magazing issue 212~ It's a FVD ad. Maybe I HAVE THE WRONG CAR?
Not yet but it will be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Champion GT2 3.8 Build