997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Champion GT2 3.8 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Forgeline GA3R's

I bought two sets of these, one for RR, one for DD and 1/4 mile.

These are the DD's.............................................. ..........they have MT Street II DR's as its the only way to get any traction.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:14 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
yellow wheels look amazing. nice choice. cant wait to see the whole car

Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
Maybe caboom
No caboom at all. In fact, as Slowtip mentioned, the car was delivered back to him almost two months ago, with the power shown in the dyno below.

He drove it around for a while and decided to upgrade the suspension and a few other cosmetic bits so it's back in the shop now while he travels overseas. Mechanically it's perfect...doesn't miss a beat.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 12-28-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
The yellow centers with the black barrels, make the wheels look they're 16inches. I'd be interested to see what they look like on the car.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
was he running full boost ?? according to the dyno sheet

Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ysfg35
was he running full boost ?? according to the dyno sheet
Yes, that dyno is at full boost, which is about 27-28 psi...

Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
i thought the target was 900whp or more ? why the dyno numbers show low a bit ? low for built engine

what do you think if you change to GT30s

Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
i thought the target was 900whp or more ? why the dyno numbers show low a bit ? low for built engine

what do you think if you change to GT30s
Well our target was always 850 whp. We know that our 68mm VTG's are rated by Tial for just over 450hp each. Together, that's just over 900 crank HP...which on a GT2 is just about 850 at the wheels I think slowtip may have quoted the wrong power goal a few times. But now we're talking with him about options to go even higher...

If we put GT30's the power would be a little higher I'm sure....but it may not have 650 lb/ft of TQ at 3500 rpm's, full ECU boost control, direct bolt on, our CMS warranty...etc.

GT30's are great...definitely good for big power, but our goal has always been to push the limits of VTG's.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 AM
aha , well i would like to see some vbox data for this build , i think you are the only company who build awesome 997 GT2 and sharing all the data , rep points for you sir

best,yousef

Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
aha , well i would like to see some vbox data for this build , i think you are the only company who build awesome 997 GT2 and sharing all the data , rep points for you sir

best,yousef
Thanks Yousef. Slowtip will have to provide the vbox info when he returns from his business trip. His car is here at the shop now but I'm too scared to drive it...lol

Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
i bet, thats intenses power. I can only imagine..
I would be interested to see more about this when he returns.

interesting choice of wheels too, i like the yellow very much but the black side wall does indeed make them look smaller. Should be some interesting pics when he returns, cant wait.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lopro
interesting choice of wheels too, i like the yellow very much but the black side wall does indeed make them look smaller. Should be some interesting pics when he returns, cant wait.
Definitely an interesting choice on the wheels colors. To be honest, this is the first time I'm seeing them...he must be hiding them at home

Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slow911TT68Tip
I happen to like P-Cars and Vettes; to each his own. I will post dyno graphs in a few. However, I am seriously considering a Ford GT built by Dallas Performance - cant go wrong there.

Pcars and Vettes....

Old 12-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
1. The fat lady has not sung yet. There may be some more power in those VTG's.
2. I think the angle I took the pics of the wheels at display an optical illusion. They look great on the car.
3. Yes - I love P-Cars, Vettes, and Ford GT's. However, I may stick and stop at the GT2. I am tired of bldg cars. Maybe when I retire I will have more time.
4. I will post the V-Box #'s when I am satisfied we have harnessed all the power in the GT2.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
take a break if your tired. dont let it get to you. its good fun but costs lots. If you dont have the time just wait it out till you do. I think your doing well. keep going, but just have fun its suppose to be fun. Try to imagine how many people would kill to have a car like yours. some will never have..

good luck man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Champion GT2 3.8 Build