997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Champion GT2 3.8 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
Very nice power under the curve, that is good usable power. Perfect for the street and track.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Great early torque and nice power but what's going on between 3800-5000?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
No caboom at all. In fact, as Slowtip mentioned, the car was delivered back to him almost two months ago, with the power shown in the dyno below.

He drove it around for a while and decided to upgrade the suspension and a few other cosmetic bits so it's back in the shop now while he travels overseas. Mechanically it's perfect...doesn't miss a beat.

Why do you dyno on STD and not EEC or SAE?

My car on the AWD dynojet did 700WHP STD and 630WHP on EEC

Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Far from over

Guys - I am not at liberty to say but the car (engine) is not close to done including the power adder. I am very pleased to have such a great group of professionals working on my car. Among other things we took out the SA seats installing the GT2 "harness" seat today with heat (cant do w/o my seat heater - bad back). Secondly, they installed the Ohlin TTX36 out back and TTX46 for the front. Among other things we are installing more safety equipment and austetic items such as CF skirts, Splitter, mirrors, etc, etc. Cant wait to get back and take a quick drive if I can w/o disrupting the progress.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
this sounds like its going to be fully decked out to the nines. Is there anything you didnt mod? sounds like its going to be one hell of a ride.

good luck and post pics when done.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Tire slip?

Originally Posted by TTdude
Great early torque and nice power but what's going on between 3800-5000?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Exactly!

Originally Posted by ari
Tire slip?

Apparently it took 8-10 straps to hold the car down

Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Ohlins

Along with all suspension parts (CMS designed and mfg), we just installed the Ohlin CO's. TTX36 out back and TTX46 @ front.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Damn looking really good Paul! Congrats!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skeeter
Damn looking really good Paul! Congrats!

Thanks Ryan

Old 12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Paul, your car is one of the best modded porsches, and I know that the power will be phenomenal.
I am sure CMS know the difference between STD,SAE,EEC on the dyno.
If you have to post a dyno chart post a valid one. I am sure that at the end the car will be doing much better than that, but for the moment what I see is a tuner who tries to show more power than the actual. Same as if the car was AWD and turned into 2WD for the dyno run

Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Differences

Originally Posted by milou
Paul, your car is one of the best modded porsches, and I know that the power will be phenomenal.
If you have to post a dyno chart post a valid one. I am sure that at the end the car will be doing much better than that, but for the moment what I see is a tuner who tries to show more power than the actual. Same as if the car was AWD and turned into 2WD for the dyno run

I am by no means an expert relative to what means of obtaining numbers on the dyno. I think the difference between SAE, STD, or EEC is very small. With this being said I view dynographs as a tool for the tuner to determine exactly what adjustments need be made to maximize the quality and level of HP and TQ. I am VERY pleased with the car to date having put ~ 1500 miles on it since the initial build. Further, the car is not close to what we expect once the car is finally released to me for good. With the warranty CMS provides on such an extensive build I need not direct them to do whatever possible to minimize the MTBF; my intention is to keep this car for many years to come. Whatever standard they use throughout tuning doesnt matter to me as long as the car is silky smooth throughout the entire range. To date I am very pleased with the torque as well as the HP but like I said, we are not finished yet. I will be posting pics soon but will not post the next dynograph for some time (2-3 months) as we are experimenting in an effort to maximize the TQ and HP while retaining the quality of the power output. As long as the car provides me with years of trouble free fun, smokes the competition, rides/drives better than stock, and displays no qwirks that many a built car does I will be happy as a pig in sh___t. I have full confidence in the end the car will be very fast and quick, will display excellent handling characteristics, provide years of trouble free service, and include the safety features I have requested. Good (or should I say excellent) builds, no matter what it may be, takes time and I just happen to be a very patient man. The car will be 100% completed in 90 days (or less) and from there on all I have to do is enjoy it. BTW: If I and CMS's insistance to build the very best wasnt so strong, and we were not on the same page, the car would have been completed long ago.

Cant wait to post the pics.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Slow

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 12-30-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
You're reading into things far too much

He's not building a dyno queen so it doesn't matter if they're using STD, SAE, EEC, or ELMO. What matters is that the final product meets/exceeds the expectations of the client (last time I checked it wasn't you). So if Tip is happy with the progress and how they're getting there, good for him!

You shouldn't worry about such trivial things...

Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Just for you, my friend, attached are copies of same exact dyno run in every display mode available from the dyno-jet. As you can see, the biggest difference in power is about ~17hp. For us, the dyno is a tool we use for tuning, not for bragging. Trust me, we are not trying to trick anyone. You should know us better by now Milou

Attached Images      
Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
i do not care about dynos , and will not !!! the most important thing is the vbox times

so i hope slow share his vbox numbers to know if the car is fast or faster

best,yousef

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Champion GT2 3.8 Build