997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question for those with the VRT kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 AM
jeh
jeh is infamous around these parts
Question for those with the VRT kit

Does your oil temp rise after the installation of the kit? mine has risen 10 degrees C after the installation of the kit.

the fan was also on for a really long time after just a short drive

Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The Vorsteiner aero kit?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:59 AM
jeh
yup, seems like their design doesn't dissipate hot air too well..

do you have the same issue???

Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Have absolutely no issue at all. What I bet is happening is your air temperature sensor that reads on the dash is behind the bumper as there is no predrilled hole for it.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Have absolutely no issue at all. What I bet is happening is your air temperature sensor that reads on the dash is behind the bumper as there is no predrilled hole for it.
If I understand correctly he is having elevated OIL temps, not the ambient air temp reading. The ambient air temp sensor has no relation to the engine oil temp sensor

Old 07-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
misread that...

OP - post pics of your car

Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
jeh
Originally Posted by vividracing
misread that...

OP - post pics of your car
looks just like urs! haha.. I will take some and post them tomorrow

Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
The ducts are open wider then OEM so you might have a mechanical issue. Who did you buy the kit from? Sorry your having an issue.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Don't want to hijack this thread but speaking about the ambient temp sensor, I have had some real strange behavior lately. I've noticed on a few occasions that it is about 10 deg Celsius higher than it should be. Once I was cruising (not throttling) and it spiked to around 40 deg C, after which it started to settle down again. Would this be a faulty sensor - or something blocking obstructing the flow? Any way to check? Have no clue where it is.
I'm running stock bumper with TechArt bottom spoiler lip.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 AM
hypers09 is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to say that I have had no issues with my car... If you should have any questions you should contact Andreas at Vorsteiner I know he would be more than happy to help out.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:10 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jeh
Does your oil temp rise after the installation of the kit? mine has risen 10 degrees C after the installation of the kit.

the fan was also on for a really long time after just a short drive

Not sure where your located but it has been extremely hot here in NY. Like over 95 plus every day. Perhaps it is the extreem temp not the kit? Good luck