997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Is 700 hp too much stress?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TTdude
It would be hard not to go with Evoms since they are located in your perverbial backyard and do great work but each will offer a different experience, cost, and performance. I highly recommend contacting your tuners of interest and have some fun doing your due diligence. You'll learn a lot in the process and understand the different approaches to upgrading.
Yeah I am strongly leaning towards Evoms. Still a ways off before I do anything drastic. Just an exhaust coming up next, then suspension, wheels, and finally big power upgrades...

Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kormaster
. WHat other kits do you guys recommend price vs ease of maintainability?

There are plenty of great tuner/kits out there, what intensions do you have for the car, I put semi big kit on and then caught the track bug, thanks to my guy (Chris - USP) he suggested EBC so I can turn down the boost on the track and make it more drivable (still very quick) then go back for fun spirited driving.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Sanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by M32911S
For those that have or are considering doing a 750-775 package, is there a huge difference say between a EvoMS, AWE, Vivid Racing, Protomotive, etc etc package?
I have a recent install of one of the packages you are considering, you can PM me offline and I would be happy to give you a run down on my experience....If I had it to do over again I would definitely make an alternative choice......

Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by supersport
My turbo only has 12k miles and i'm thinking about boosting the hp power to 700 with the evo evt700 kit. Would this be too much stress on the engine. I dont want a broken 997 after a few years.

What do you guys think?
Supersport,

I want to mirror won't most everyone has said. The 700-750 horsepower level on these cars is very safe assuming you have the proper hardware and software installed.

Our AWE Tuning 750R complete package has been in circulation for many years with happy customers all over the globe. We couple our hard parts with GIAC software that is calibrated as Bosch would for various weather types, altitude, fuel grades, and driving conditions.

I also notice you are the West Coast. That is not a problem as I have a trusted install center that is also a GIAC dealer located near you. He is a one stop shop and more than capable for handling this work.

Since I don't know if you have any modifications on the car, I will assume it is stock. If you already have some hardware, please share.

Here are some details.

The core of the kit is the modified VTG turbos. We are a Borg Warner dealer and have worked with them on a larger compressor that is not too big, nor too small for this turbo. The installer removes your turbos and sends them to us in special hard cases that we send to them. Once hear we inspect them to make sure they are in good condition then they are sent to a Borg Warner recommended rebuild center. There your turbos undergo the install of the larger compressor and rebuilt to Borg Warner factory specs. Finally they are placed on a high speed balancer and checked for reliability and durability.

Once the exhaust gasses leave the cylinder head, they need a clear and smooth path to get the turbo, through the turbo, then out to the back of the car. That is done via our AWE Tuning headers and mufflers. Both are stainless, both are a combination of mig and tig welded. Our mufflers feature HJS 200 cell cats, have no drone, and will please even the most critical sound aficionado.

The merge collector headers have fly cut flanges, hand finished welds, and back gassed for a smooth interior finish.

Bigger turbos mean more heat. That additional heat needs to be dissipated, and while the stock intercoolers are decent, they can get overwhelmed quickly with a turbo upgrade. This is where we come in.

Our AWE Intercoolers are a well thought out, carefully crafted, and thoroughly tested product that will withstand heavy track use with a larger turbo kit. Designed, welded, and pressure tested in house, these will aid in making sure your intake charge is a cool as possible.

A smaller element, but one that plays an important role, is our larger throttle body kit. This was actually the part that pushed us over the 600 wheel horsepower mark. It is a direct fit an easy upgrade. The tricky part is that the factory software is scaled for the stock throttle body. Introduce one of a different size and the drive ability and on/off throttle smoothness is compromised. It took weeks for GIAC to fine tune the software to ensure that the throttle body change was seamless. Well, they nailed it. You would never know there was such a drastic change.

I hope you found this information helpful. I highly encourage you to visit our website for video, dyno graphs, tech info, and more pictures.

Click Here!

If you need further information from me, call or email. I am glad to help.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

or

888-565-2257

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I have about 10k miles on the AWE 750R kit and have experienced no issues other than rapid tire wear. To me it has been indistinguishable from a factory ride as far as any quirkiness

Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I have the EVT 775 kit...I got a chance to drive a semi stock 997.1 a few days ago...it is a completely different car...

Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I have the EVT 775 kit...I got a chance to drive a semi stock 997.1 a few days ago...it is a completely different car...
I'm sure it is. I cannot wait until I finally have the car modded up to my liking: coil-overs, wheels, aero kit, exhaust, and a upgrade pkg from one of the reputable tuners!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
supersport is infamous around these parts
I appreciate all the feedback. Got my exhaust and body kit. Haven't pull the trigger on the engine upgrade yet. But will very soon. This thread has help a lot.

Thanks Guys!