997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Parking Attendant Messed My Car Again..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Hate chiming in but this is exactly why I despise valet parking.. BS seriously. Good luck with the repair!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I think you need to tip more. No joke, that's my approach and seems to work well.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
This is why I'd rather walk blocks to avoid valets. I haven't used a valet in years except in cases where I have a rental.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
AgentSteel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brownan
I think you need to tip more. No joke, that's my approach and seems to work well.
I find this logic to be ludicrous. Not that you do tip more (which is your perogative), but that certain people need an "incentive" or "bonus" to do their job. At minimum, we as owners expect our cars to have no damage from a simple parking job...

Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AgentSteel
I find this logic to be ludicrous. Not that you do tip more (which is your perogative), but that certain people need an "incentive" or "bonus" to do their job. At minimum, we as owners expect our cars to have no damage from a simple parking job...
What you're saying is absolutely true, but someone who gets paid 8 bucks an hour as their part time job isn't going to give a crap about your car, or even their job for that matter.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Oh man! That's horrible. How did they react when this occurred?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:55 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I would never own a nice car in NYC.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I lived in NYC and had a M5 at the time. Although I was very protective of the car and was certainly mad when the garage damaged the car, I would not have done it any differently. I would rather deal with fixing the bumpers than having a "regular" car. For me, it's about perspective and acceptance that despite all my efforts things happen. I was one of the first to get bumper covers that certianly helped.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Bux996tt is infamous around these partsBux996tt is infamous around these parts
Should get by with about $250 in damage.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
I ask the valet if I can self park it at the curb. If they say yes but we have to keep the key, I won't do that. I would rather walk a few blocks or blow off the palce before giving them the key.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM
cp supreme is infamous around these parts
I was in pretty bad traffic a few weeks ago on the southern state (everyone in new york knows what a nightmare) and was forced to stop short. I was hit by the person behind me because they weren't paying attention. One of my bumperettes (i just learned the name for these from this thread, are they really called that? haha) was cracked. It's really not visible at all. You can only tell if you look very very close and run your hand over it so I've yet to fix it. When i looked back after I was hit, there were two middle eastern women, seemed like a mother and daughter, one about 55 and the other about 75, blatantly laughing out loud that they just hit my car. What the f**k was so funny about this? No idea. I looked at my friend and he told me to just calm down because he could tell I was about to lose it. So, I woo-sah'ed and kept driving. I thought it would make me more annoyed if I confronted these 2 retards. So the point, of my at best mildly amusing story, is...How much does one of these things cost with color matching and everything? Is $250 accurate?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Maybe next time call ahead and see what the parking options are? I hate to have my cars valet parked and try to avoid it if at all possible. If I know I am going to a place that tends to be rather busy I will take the family car instead.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
I would say 300 and you be safe.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
I contacted Eric at bumper plug and he was very helpfull and super quick to answer I think I'll order 2 new bumperettes and get them installed at the dealership.
As for the idiot that parked my car he was not concerned about what he did and was actually pissed off that I yelled at him. I saw the parking manager today and he said that the garage would pay for the repairs.
I could say never again but it's impossible to park in manhattan and I love to drive my car so sometimes there aren't any other choices than to valet park. I'll try the extra tipping for them to do the job they are supposed to do in the first place, but looking at the idiot that messed my car I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference he just didn't give a damn and had no respect for other people's property.
Thx for all the answers guys

Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
a good body shop can repair that easily

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parking Attendant Messed My Car Again..