997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Parking Attendant Messed My Car Again..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
marcmc is infamous around these partsmarcmc is infamous around these parts
I'm surprised the parking attendant didn't realize that he had backed into the wall!?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
I got lightly rear-ended last year and had some scuffs and creases on both bumperettes. Even though it was likely only cosmetic damage, since an accident report was filed and the incident would likely end up in Carfax, I insisted on a mechanical inspection. All the expensive bits are in the back as we all know. I had some pushback from the at-fault person's insurance company, but they finally agreed. After removing the rear bumper for the inspection, ordering new bumperettes, and getting them painted to match, the total bill was about $900. I also got the shop to give me a letter for my files stating there was no mechanical damage. Nolaspsort in Metairie did a beautiful job on the paint match. Like it never even happened.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Norman75
I contacted Eric at bumper plug and he was very helpfull and super quick to answer I think I'll order 2 new bumperettes and get them installed at the dealership.
As for the idiot that parked my car he was not concerned about what he did and was actually pissed off that I yelled at him. I saw the parking manager today and he said that the garage would pay for the repairs.
I could say never again but it's impossible to park in manhattan and I love to drive my car so sometimes there aren't any other choices than to valet park. I'll try the extra tipping for them to do the job they are supposed to do in the first place, but looking at the idiot that messed my car I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference he just didn't give a damn and had no respect for other people's property.
Thx for all the answers guys
Sorry to hear this Norm. That's one of the things I didn't miss when I lived in NYC in my earlier days. It was tough to find parking, which is why it's rather normal to have stacked parking lots. Fortunately, for me, I only had daily beaters not worth more than $10k.

Hope things get properly sorted out on your end.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I did but went out for diner and didn't have any other option than parking lot..
I live in NYC as well, but when I go into manhattan with my Pcar, I always, like you park in a lot (no front plate on my car so thats a ticket, and also people use your car as a sensor for parallel parking). However, what I do and recommend you try is to tell the guy you wanna park it yourself out of his way where he wont need to move it and that you want to take the keys. It usually takes some $$ to persuade but it always works. Peace of mind is worth an extra $20

Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I contacted Eric at bumper plug and he was very helpfull and super quick to answer I think I'll order 2 new bumperettes and get them installed at the dealership.
As for the idiot that parked my car he was not concerned about what he did and was actually pissed off that I yelled at him. I saw the parking manager today and he said that the garage would pay for the repairs.
I could say never again but it's impossible to park in manhattan and I love to drive my car so sometimes there aren't any other choices than to valet park. I'll try the extra tipping for them to do the job they are supposed to do in the first place, but looking at the idiot that messed my car I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference he just didn't give a damn and had no respect for other people's property.
Thx for all the answers guys
I would have given him an IM injection of succinylcholine if that happened to me and the person-at-fault didn't give a ****.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
never valet! If there's no other choice or parking available, pay the valet fee and insist that you drive the car yourself to the valet parking location.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
105.00 + shipping from suncoast and it was here in 2-3 days. Thanks again Suncoast!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
I took my car recently to 5th avenue and I tipped the guy to allow me to park my car right up front. It wasn't going down any garage ramp. As a matter of fact I pulled into one garage and left because it didn't look safe. Protect your car. Don't trust others.

Jay

Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
iron e is infamous around these parts
Sorry to see that. Happened to me earlier this year - valets tried denying it, but it was pretty obvious and their insurance took care of it. Including a replacement bumperette, it was under $350. Perfect match and problem solved.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Verry sorry to hear this.

Three things I have learned:

1. By parking sensors in your car

2. NEVER let anyone but you drive your car

3. As 2 is rarely possible see 1.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:29 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
times like this is when I love living in KC...plenty of parking everywhere...