997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

"Essential" options for a 997tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Salmon is infamous around these parts
"Essential" options for a 997tt?

Now that prices have come down, I am looking at getting a 997tt. For me, musts are 6 speed, Sport Chrono Pack, and Sport or ideally Sport bucket seats. Are there any other options that I should look for as absolute musts? Thanks in advance and I hope to join your ranks soon.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
U covered the absolute musts. If i were shoping these would be on my "it'd be nice to have" list: park assist, rear axle lock and ceramics.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
RLW
RLW is infamous around these parts
My must have list was similar to yours: Sports Chrono, 6-speed, adaptive sport seats, seat warmers (yes I am a cold wimp).
Things I wanted but could do without: sport steering wheel, park assist, rear axle lock.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
mm450exc is infamous around these parts
Must have at least for me

PCCB
Rear diff lock
Sports Chrono Package Plus
Sport Shifter
Adaptive Sports Seats
6-speed
Thicker 3-spoke steering wheel

Nice to have:
Center console in leather
seat rear back rest in leather
aluminium hand brake and shifter
sun visor in leather

Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
A option that really surprised me were the PCCB. It makes such a big difference in the way the brakes feel and no dust brakes is icing on the cake.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
the more you have the best for you...
PCCB,sport chrono and adaptive seats are plus when you decide to sell the car...

Old 08-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Salmon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
U covered the absolute musts. If i were shoping these would be on my "it'd be nice to have" list: park assist, rear axle lock and ceramics.
I forgot about the rear axle lock. I can do without park assist. I have heard mixed reviews on the PCCB and I was under the impression that they are extremely pricey to maintain. I may track this car as well which could sway my thinking.

Originally Posted by RLW
My must have list was similar to yours: Sports Chrono, 6-speed, adaptive sport seats, seat warmers (yes I am a cold wimp).
Things I wanted but could do without: sport steering wheel, park assist, rear axle lock.
Seat warmers are nice, although I don't think I can get them with Sport buckets, just adaptive sport seats as you mentioned. I would love to add GT3 seats, but I am sure they are a bit more than I would be willing to spend.

Originally Posted by mm450exc
Must have at least for me

PCCB
Rear diff lock
Sports Chrono Package Plus
Sport Shifter
Adaptive Sports Seats
6-speed
Thicker 3-spoke steering wheel

Nice to have:
Center console in leather
seat rear back rest in leather
aluminium hand brake and shifter
sun visor in leather
Thanks for a very thorough response. This would be an ideal combo.

Originally Posted by sanchezdds
A option that really surprised me were the PCCB. It makes such a big difference in the way the brakes feel and no dust brakes is icing on the cake.
Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by skandalis447
the more you have the best for you...
PCCB,sport chrono and adaptive seats are plus when you decide to sell the car...
I think the 6 speed, sport chrono, and adaptive are the top 3 musts. Everything else listed would be great, but not absolutely essential.

There is a decently priced black 08 not too far from me that I may check out this weekend.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Adaptives and LSD . SC is a gimmick that is irrelevant with a flashed ecu.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:25 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Adaptives and LSD . SC is a gimmick that is irrelevant with a flashed ecu.
Disagree on the Sports Chrono. While I agree on the gauge itself, it includes all of the following:

Analog and digital chronometer, sport button in the center console and display in the PCM, also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to
suit personal preference. Additionally, adds dynamic engine mounting. In conjunction with PDK, includes Sports Plus button in center console to activate
launch control function (Race start).

Old 08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I agree with TT surgeon on the diff lock being a must. The only thing my car does not have that would have been nice is PCCB due to almost no brake dust. The stock red brakes are more than adequate for almost any circumstance imho aside from perhaps hardcore track duty.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
What's the difference between the sport and sport adaptive seats ? Do they look different too ?

What are the option codes ?

Thanks

Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Two absolute musts preferrably chosen by YOU--great sounding exhaust and flash.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i think you need to first nail down whether you want the 997.1 or 997.2 generation?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Interesting. When I was looking for mine I avoided ones with PCCB due to the potential maintenance cost. No way am I forking 15k to replace rotors.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Fnulli997tt is infamous around these parts
Nobody think BOSE is a must? To me it's a absolute MUST besides navi, sports chrono and tip or pdk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Essential" options for a 997tt?