997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Allow Wheel Repair Service - Ack!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-02-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i only trust mobile wheel repairs. that way, i can monitor what they are doing.

cosmetic repair is okay but i would not trust anyone doing structural repairs. just get new one if it was seriously dented or cracked. repaint rarely matches 100% but runs is unacceptable.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:57 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I have been considering using the local AWRS, but I will reconsider now. Great write-up. Sorry for your troubles. My wise father would say: "you got off easy with a cheap lesson." Nothing a little money can't fix, though I agree you cannot get back track days.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
you are very lucky that tire did not go and lead to an on-track disaster. That $1400 lesson could have been 100x to 1000x worse if it led to a wreck and bodily injury

Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
I have been considering using the local AWRS, but I will reconsider now. Great write-up. Sorry for your troubles. My wise father would say: "you got off easy with a cheap lesson." Nothing a little money can't fix, though I agree you cannot get back track days.
Probably a lot of variation by location. I used AWRS in Denver and had a great result...but then it was a new wheel with no tire mounted yet - it was damaged in shipment. I thought that for many of their repairs they didn't have to remove the tire.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:37 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eclou
you are very lucky that tire did not go and lead to an on-track disaster. That $1400 lesson could have been 100x to 1000x worse if it led to a wreck and bodily injury
You're spot on with your response.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I was heading to probably the same event in the tts, got a bad flat on the way there at exit 4. Had to plug it in a parking lot, pia with centerlocks, headed home. track weekend down the drain.
Re the rim, dealers usually will guarantee the rim repair.
gl