997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protective Clear Bra Film Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gradyex
I have a 07 TT that I took to Premier for a front clear wrap. My car is also GT Silver and I would recommend it highly. After 4 years I cannot notice any yellowing. I garage my car but have 32k on it so its not a garage queen. I recommend using 2 products that Premier sells. The first product is PF 1 Film Cleanse. Using this product alone keeps it clean and clear. As an option you can follow up with PF Formula one Crystalline. Its expensive but these are the only products that I use for the clear bra. Premier sells them both. Personally I stay away from waxes cause I am afraid that some products might cause yellowing over time. I cant be sure about this but PF 1 Film cleanse does the job for me.
Thank you very much for your input. When it comes to paint protection film, there is much to "learn" about, so the original poster brought up some great points. Below is a general guideline for those who have never had paint protection performed before and considering it now:

*There's a handful of products on the market. All of them will exhibit a slight yellowish tinge on a white car and will be exacerbated over time if not maintained
*Some paint protection film products can be polished to some degree (must be light polishes)
*10 years ago, there were many limitations in the product size. Today, there are manufacturers that produce 60" rolls, which can cover 99% of hoods and panels in one pc
*Pricing will be based on region, coverage, and expertise of your installer. Expect a company in the mid-west to not charge as much as an installer in NY. Location will dictate much of cost as the cost of doing business is higher in certain areas.
*Coverage - naturally, the more you cover, the higher the tab at the end of the day.
*Experience of installer - the companies / installers newer to the industry generally cannot compete at the quality level, which is why pricing becomes the easier method of competing. Ask for references and if not sure, ask to see the business license to see how long the company has been around. The last thing you want is to have an inexperienced installer touching your new vehicle.
*Take a look at the work up close in person. This will be one of the best way of figuring out whether or not the installer's results match your standards.

Hope this helps 6speeders!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com