997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Who knows the temperature in the Intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 AM
artem-evo is infamous around these parts
Who knows the temperature in the Intake manifold?

Hello.It is interesting to compare.
I've the 997.1 turbo
With the AUTEL diagnostic tool I am measured the different values (such as temperature of engine coolant,temp in the air manifold,temp in l \r catalist etc).
I measured that the temperature in the intake manifold is 27-29 *c in normal ,street driving.The outside temperature was +22*C.
When I am pressing the sport mode button and press the accelerator on the max position the temperature becomes rising up to the 68-70*c.
Anybody knows what is the temperature in your intake manifold?is it rising or not?
What is the optimum temperature on the race(sport) mode?

Why it becomes rising in my car?anybody can tell me your versions about the problem?
If it will help-I 've little bigger VTG turbos then stock,intercoolers stock.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
search for inter coolers treads.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Inlet temps rise because turbos are compressing air, and OEM inter-coolers can only do so much before IAT starts to rise. 68-70*c is when the ECU starts to pull timing to protect against knock.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by artem-evo
Hello.It is interesting to compare.
I've the 997.1 turbo
With the AUTEL diagnostic tool I am measured the different values (such as temperature of engine coolant,temp in the air manifold,temp in l \r catalist etc).
I measured that the temperature in the intake manifold is 27-29 *c in normal ,street driving.The outside temperature was +22*C.
When I am pressing the sport mode button and press the accelerator on the max position the temperature becomes rising up to the 68-70*c.
Anybody knows what is the temperature in your intake manifold?is it rising or not?
What is the optimum temperature on the race(sport) mode?

Why it becomes rising in my car?anybody can tell me your versions about the problem?
If it will help-I 've little bigger VTG turbos then stock,intercoolers stock.
Is your car stock or tuned?

if the outside temp is 22C and your IAT gets to 70C then your ICs are doing nothing. Max acceptable would be 20C above ambient temp

Old 09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
yes a little tuning.Last user of the porsche give me back with the car
two turbo VTG(stock)-in a box
two turbos VTG(techeart t2)
-And now it is installed Ithink bigger turbos than on t2
-installed exhaus
-installed exhaust headers
-installed sport air filter
-looks like installed intake that not comes with stock.(i don't know directly)
-coolers stock

Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
So the car s modded, what VTGs are you running ? Techart? It looks like you have a 700 kit with bad or stock intercoolers. Get some good ones

Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by milou
So the car s modded, what VTGs are you running ? Techart? It looks like you have a 700 kit with bad or stock intercoolers. Get some good ones
I wrote that i don't know correctly what turbos are installed because there are no any plates on the turbos(with serial numbers) .
it looks like a mysterious turbokit

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
may be somebody knows .
if i will install the cooling system like these on the intercoolers
http://performanceparts.com/performa...s_16034NOS.jpg

will it make a lower temperature in the intake manifold?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
70c is ok when you have stock ics,tuned car and you push the car ...i.e. during a 50-250km run...with 25 ambient...i ve seen it with stock ics and tune...

Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 PM
You better get some good intercoolers than the sprayer.

Your turbos are the original VTGs, there is a great chance they have been modded from Techart. You can check that only by removing them

Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by artem-evo
I wrote that i don't know correctly what turbos are installed because there are no any plates on the turbos(with serial numbers) .
it looks like a mysterious turbokit
Did you not read my previous post? You have a TA T2 kit.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Did you not read my previous post? You have a TA T2 kit.
Yes thanks.You are really help me a lot.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
artem-evo....did you get my private message?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
oh yes .thanks.
now i'm thinking about it

Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 AM
may be somebody can answer about the intercooler sprayer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who knows the temperature in the Intake manifold?