997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need install of Pioneer AVIC 130BT in my GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:44 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
What happens to the control settings for the wipers, lights, locks when you replace PCM?
You lose the ability to adjust these settings from the nav screen. But the service dept at your local dealer can hook up a testing device and change these settings if needed. But once you set them why would you every really need to change them?

I got the pioneer avic 130bt installed and picked up on Friday. Love it. Still getting used to its functions and getting through different screens and settings. But it is great. The bluetooth works and sounds great. I also got SAT radio, review camera, ipod, pandora, watch dvd's while car is moving, and etc.
Also anyone looking for a great shop in San Diego just send me a PM and I will let you know. I was very happy with their work and service and price. Or if the moderater's say that I can mention their name on here I will.

I will take pics and post them later. Anyone who is considering this, just look up the system online and see what functionality it will give you in your car compared to the stock unit. You will be blown away.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
You lose the ability to adjust these settings from the nav screen. But the service dept at your local dealer can hook up a testing device and change these settings if needed.
If the battery dies or gets disconnected, do you lose your settings and have to go to the dealer to get it set?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 5hlinmd
If the battery dies or gets disconnected, do you lose your settings and have to go to the dealer to get it set?
I would assume that would not be an issue it your battery died. But I am not an expert on this at all so best to confirm with your local service dept.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:00 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I've been thinking about getting the Pioneer system in my 07 4S. I have the AVIC in my F250 and love the heck out of it. I got all the perks of my wife's 750 for handsfree!! Being able to plug in the iPod and hide away in the glovebox is perfect. I have the upgraded BOSE system in my 4S, so what I'm wondering is how does the system hook up to the original BOSE fiber optics? I'm using a Tookie right now for my iPod and it sucks...it was really a waste of money because the functionality of the iPod with the on screen functions is horrible. I can't get an updated Navi CD either as they don't make them anymore...how does that happen????

I don't have to install no amps or additional speakers as the stock stereo kicks ***. No upgrade needed there...I'm just concerned about losing any functions or settings from the PSM. I have a Durametric cable so can I use that to make changes to my cars settings? I haven't tried to play around with the software...I fear messing something up

Anyone with help or suggestions or answers to my issues, please assist!!

Thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Raiders,
Yes you can change any settings using a durametric cable or your service dept can do it for you also. I have the bose system for my GT2 and they needed to change the amp since it would not connect with the new headunit. The ipod connection, the wireless pandora functions and xm radio, backup camera are all really cool. But I hate having to push a button for volume, I miss just turning a ****. The biggest disappointment is the NAV, the street display and total functionality is far behind what I get from all the other cars I have with manuf NAV (eg. Lexus, Landrover, BMW, porsche, MB, toyota).
If I could go back in time, I would not have done the change.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah..I think the NAV seems a bit "dated' but it works great for my F250 and I'm not using it all the time anyway. I really want the iPod, Bluetooth, and most importantly the back up camera. Hooking up my boat with that camera is sooooo cool.

Check out a thread titled;
Finally pics of my 1 week old 07' 911 C4S with Pioneer Avic-Z110BT Lots of Pics!

They have lots of pics and talk about the install. I've read that you keep the BOSE amp, but the speakers hook up to the head unit...so I'm going to research with my installer about what he can do...I hate the PSM I got and the tookie is just horrible!! Wish I saved my money and got the Pioneer instead!!

Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah the avics are maligned for their crappy gps, but awesome GUI and media options.

The kenwoods have state of the art garmin nav gps but the GUI was slow...until the 2012 models. They are supposedly 3x faster. Early reviews confirm this.

Thx for the avic feedback.

Can you pm me the shop in San Diego?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
yeah..I think the NAV seems a bit "dated' but it works great for my F250 and I'm not using it all the time anyway. I really want the iPod, Bluetooth, and most importantly the back up camera. Hooking up my boat with that camera is sooooo cool.

Check out a thread titled;
Finally pics of my 1 week old 07' 911 C4S with Pioneer Avic-Z110BT Lots of Pics!

They have lots of pics and talk about the install. I've read that you keep the BOSE amp, but the speakers hook up to the head unit...so I'm going to research with my installer about what he can do...I hate the PSM I got and the tookie is just horrible!! Wish I saved my money and got the Pioneer instead!!

Yeah, for those reasons you will be very happy with the AVIC. I have it in my GT2 so I do not really use these functions very much and thus regret getting it for this car.