997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need install of Pioneer AVIC 130BT in my GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Need install of Pioneer AVIC 130BT in my GT2

Traded my 09C2S for a 08 GT2, thus took a big dive in the NAV/head unit amenities. So I want to upgrade it to the Pioneer headunit. I have gotten quotes from La Jolla Audio (most reputable in town) for 5k
They are known for charging almost double than anyone else since they have no competition in town for high end car electronics.

Got a quote from some place in LA near the airport for only 2.5k but they will need the car for 2 days and that makes it complicated since I live in San Diego.
I do not want to just take it to any stereo shop since they can really f'up the electronics in our cars if they dont know what they are doing.

So does anyone know of a trusted place in San Diego with a fair price. I am willing to go up to Orange County or LA if they can do it in 1 day.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
I bought my AVIC-130 online for 850$ and my local tech installed it for about 250$, the only thing he said was it needed an additional module so we did not have to re-wire any fiber optics. The module was about 600$, the only thing I suggest is you buy the xm-sat radio/back up camera accessories otherwise it will trigger some messages.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 PM
tlis300 has a spectacular aura abouttlis300 has a spectacular aura about
It took me nearly a year to find a shop that I trusted to have my audio system installed in my 997 4S. I also went with the Pioneer AVIC z130BT along with swapping out speakers. I just got my car back and am a VERY happy camper! The only thing that I still need done is having them wire up my radio to my steer wheel control. Unfortunately, only one company makes a module is NAV TV and they want $650 which is crazy. Im looking around for another module thats less expensive. If anyone have done it please let me know what module you went with. The shop is Newport Auto sound in Costa Mesa. Sorry I don't have pics posted since I just got my car back last week and haven't had time to take pics. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a line.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Traded my 09C2S for a 08 GT2, thus took a big dive in the NAV/head unit amenities. So I want to upgrade it to the Pioneer headunit. I have gotten quotes from La Jolla Audio (most reputable in town) for 5k
They are known for charging almost double than anyone else since they have no competition in town for high end car electronics.

Got a quote from some place in LA near the airport for only 2.5k but they will need the car for 2 days and that makes it complicated since I live in San Diego.
I do not want to just take it to any stereo shop since they can really f'up the electronics in our cars if they dont know what they are doing.

So does anyone know of a trusted place in San Diego with a fair price. I am willing to go up to Orange County or LA if they can do it in 1 day.

Thanks in advance.
There's a shop in SoCal (can't remember where) that advertises in the back of Excellence. The shop is run by a P-car owner and I've seen good reviews of his work. If you don't find the ad, I'll look tonight and post.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tlis300
It took me nearly a year to find a shop that I trusted to have my audio system installed in my 997 4S. I also went with the Pioneer AVIC z130BT along with swapping out speakers. I just got my car back and am a VERY happy camper! The only thing that I still need done is having them wire up my radio to my steer wheel control. Unfortunately, only one company makes a module is NAV TV and they want $650 which is crazy. Im looking around for another module thats less expensive. If anyone have done it please let me know what module you went with. The shop is Newport Auto sound in Costa Mesa. Sorry I don't have pics posted since I just got my car back last week and haven't had time to take pics. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a line.
Thanks
Can you PM me the total cost and how many days it took. And what features do you really like? Do you like the blue tooth and did you get the back up camera?
I found a shop down here that people recommend and they seem to have good experience with high end cars, they will do it in 2 days for about 3100.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
There's a shop in SoCal (can't remember where) that advertises in the back of Excellence. The shop is run by a P-car owner and I've seen good reviews of his work. If you don't find the ad, I'll look tonight and post.
Would be interested to know the name of this shop and what city it is located in.
Thanks

Old 09-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by salerno713
I bought my AVIC-130 online for 850$ and my local tech installed it for about 250$, the only thing he said was it needed an additional module so we did not have to re-wire any fiber optics. The module was about 600$, the only thing I suggest is you buy the xm-sat radio/back up camera accessories otherwise it will trigger some messages.
Dont have anyone here that will do it for only 250. Also told by several sources that will need another amp, BT wiring and mic, Ipod usb cables, backup camera and install, xm sat, and bracket/mount. How do you like the system and what do you not like about it.
Thanks

Old 09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
- I love the fact that all my music/pandora and everything is hardwired VIA BLUETOOTH- soon as i get in it triggers a message on my phone saying "sync with pioneer XXXX-" Touch screen makes it easy- the mic is right by the where the garage buttons are and if you have all the additional add ons, nothing will trigger a message like I was having. Enjoy your avic-130!

PS i had Suncoast sell me a 7" black porsche bezzel that fits the avic130 nicely... you should consider it.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:15 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
What happens to the control settings for the wipers, lights, locks when you replace PCM?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:37 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Would be interested to know the name of this shop and what city it is located in.
Thanks
I think Roseville is north but here's the link:

http://www.caraudioinnovations.com/

http://www.caraudioinnovations.com/porscheinstallations.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-24-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
What happens to the control settings for the wipers, lights, locks when you replace PCM?
Good question. Have not thought about that. I am thinking you can control them through the lower left lever off of the steering wheel. Will investigate this.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The other thing to ask, I guess, is if navigation appears on the speedometer display like the OEM unit?

Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by salerno713
- I love the fact that all my music/pandora and everything is hardwired VIA BLUETOOTH- soon as i get in it triggers a message on my phone saying "sync with pioneer XXXX-" Touch screen makes it easy- the mic is right by the where the garage buttons are and if you have all the additional add ons, nothing will trigger a message like I was having. Enjoy your avic-130!

PS i had Suncoast sell me a 7" black porsche bezzel that fits the avic130 nicely... you should consider it.
Can you post pics of the install please?

I would like to see how it looks. iMHO if one can do this upgrade and make it look oem then it is a must.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Sub'd for install recs in SoCal.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:24 AM
tlis300 has a spectacular aura abouttlis300 has a spectacular aura about
Here are some pics of the install. The Pioneer AVIC Z130BT is a really nice piece. I looked at a couple others but liked this unit the best. An amp rack was use to house the amp, processor, and crossover in the trunk. Once the cover was in place, the storage compartment is functional again.

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need install of Pioneer AVIC 130BT in my GT2