997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What the opinion on Cocoa interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I have poo brown aka cocoa and I like it! It's not my first choice, which is black, but I'm still very happy with it!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 AM
godspeed521 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ajs76
Assuming it's a tasteful combination, do you think that cocoa and/or terracotta would hurt resale value?
Not sure if it will hurt 'resale value', but IMHO it will certainly be harder to sell when you wish to unload it in the future compared to an all black interior. In fact, I personally passed up on a TTS with that exact combination at a Porsche dealership in Scottsdale, AZ. The car was there for quite a while before it finally sold. I am certain that the dealership had to discount it quite a bit- since it didn't sell until 3 months after I made my inquiry.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Cocoa is fantastic. It would be my first option if I was custom ordering a car.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Cocoa with White/Red/Yellow I have seen in person, and I like it.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
I really like the cocao, just make sure you check the matching brown plastic trim of the car when buying an used one.
I saw one with high mileage on it where the brown coating started to wear off around the key hole and light switch. This really made me question whether it was a rough previous owner or just the quality of the brown coating on top of the standard black plastic...

Edit:

Here is the car I'm talking about.
Fair enough it has high mileage (50k miles), but also the driver seat has some noticeable side damage.

Is it common for non-black plastic parts to get damaged like this after 3,5 years of intensive wear?

Last edited by mathys; 09-30-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Found the car in question
Old 09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your opinion everyone.

I watched the car on ebay and after inquiring about it yesterday, it seems like they sold it. Hard to really know the color unless you see it in person. I did really like the Cocoa top with the white and also like the Cab in the Gray with the Cocoa top.

The asking price started at $139K and was at $123K this past week. That seemed like a great price for a 2010 PDK Turbo Cab that was CPO'd with 14K miles. My only guess is that the combination of the interior color and the miles (and the economy!) drove the price down over the past month.

I've noticed that 2010 PDK turbos in general must have the right options or they sit (many have comfort seats unfortunately). They seem to be dropping in price very quickly but many sellers/dealers are not ready to admit this. Heck there are a lot of 2009 Turbos still listed in the 115K range.

I'm hopeful the PDK Turbos will gravitate closer to the 100K mark within the next year.

Thanks again for your opinions - I'm still shopping for my next Porsche.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
I love my Macadamia/Cocoa with deviating stitching. Gets tons of compliments. I wouldn't have any other color interior.

http://www.motorcargroup.com/web/vehicle_photos/673891

Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
NBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really nice
No not for me. I do like Sand beige a lot and at a push I may consider Terra cotta if the colour combo was right.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
G550guy is infamous around these parts
Winning Combo. Very tasteful.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
mr.porsche has a spectacular aura aboutmr.porsche has a spectacular aura about
elegant but i prefer red interior than brown but still very elegant

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Cocoa works great with Meteor Gray.

Old 09-15-2024, 02:13 PM
Bertsboat is infamous around these parts

Aqua Blue Metallic with full Cocoa leather