997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

aftermarket exhaust questions and CELs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
joecmess is infamous around these parts
aftermarket exhaust questions and CELs

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have been reading through tons of threads as I am looking for exhaust and mods. There's so much info on here!

I am looking for an exhaust just to open up the sound, but I really dont want to deal with CELs. Without a tune, will just changing the mufflers and cats cause CEL problems?

Also, if I do go with a tune, I wouldnt want CEL issues or slipping clutch. So I would be looking at the least aggressive or stage 1 ECU tune.

Any help would be appreciated, as I continue searching threads.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Europipe for exhaust, no CELs and its not just because of the cat but the design of the exhaust after the cat. Practically all say 'no CELs' and thats not true at all based on my own personal experience.

All tunes worth their $$ will eventually overtax the stock pressure plate in 80-90% of 997 Turbos.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joecmess
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have been reading through tons of threads as I am looking for exhaust and mods. There's so much info on here!

I am looking for an exhaust just to open up the sound, but I really dont want to deal with CELs. Without a tune, will just changing the mufflers and cats cause CEL problems?

Also, if I do go with a tune, I wouldnt want CEL issues or slipping clutch. So I would be looking at the least aggressive or stage 1 ECU tune.

Thanks!
Joe,

Are you by chance in the Philadelphia area?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:37 PM
joecmess is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
Joe,

Are you by chance in the Philadelphia area?

Hi Mike,

Yes I am about an hour and half or so away.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Can you come to see us in Willow Grove, PA? I would like the chance to meet you and give you a tour of our facility. It would be very educational.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i chose tubi street, great quality, no cel, opens up the sound and no drone

Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by joecmess
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have been reading through tons of threads as I am looking for exhaust and mods. There's so much info on here!

Thanks!
Got EP1...no CELs...Before EP1, had a 40K mile factory-cat 4031 CEL that EP1 cured.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
jdavis911 is infamous around these parts
I also did the endless search and figured yes europipe does rank as the number 1 exhaust. I found a great deal on a Cargraphic loud and wow what an exhaust. I couldn't be happier just a minor drone at 25-2900, and a great gurgle at start up. Friend of mine has a done z06 I passed him(120km) me at(290km) and he figured he was getting passed by a cup car the sound was that good.
Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
I chose BBI from California - no drone - can speak on my cell with the top down - sounds amazing - beautifully made. The dual black tips are really cool..

Old 10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by Overdraft
I chose BBI from California - no drone - can speak on my cell with the top down - sounds amazing - beautifully made. The dual black tips are really cool..
That's good to hear, there were a couple/3 6speed reports that BBI did drone. For that reason went EP1, but would have preferred a USA product. Always liked sound of BBI(via sound bite) on a porsche turbo.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Sanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura about
Europipe EP2 will sound great on your 997.1, I have never had a cell or emissions issue....great exhaust!!

Old 10-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Our 2.5 "quiet" cross-flow exhaust is a great choice for a no drone, daily driver system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP0I1pV8-2o

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 10-02-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
have you looked at the Fabspeed X pipe? - you can swap out cats if u want, but also do it just between the cats and tips.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
trice9 is infamous around these partstrice9 is infamous around these parts
I would take Mike at AWE up on his offer. I have their exhaust for my 997.2, no CELs, great sound, not obnoxious, great service. Couldn't be happier with my decision.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Europipe. On my 3rd one. Couldn't be happier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust questions and CELs