997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exotic feeling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
Exotic feeling

Well as alot of you know here I have just sold my Lamborghini and now have my 997tt to call my ride. It is my 8th Turbo since 02 and my 3rd 997tt.. But all I can say is that I will miss the Lamborghini because of its exoticness. No matter what rims,no matter what color,no matter what noise a porsche will make, it can NEVER replace the presence a Lamborghini has on the road. Although the Lamborghini(IMO) will NEVER be a car to connect with,its draw with its surroundings will never be replaced. I dont care how fast a Porsche can go,there is nothing to compare with as far as feeling like a moviestar while driving a Lamborghini.. Although the Porsche does everything right and still(IMO) is the best car ever made;It will never hold the wow factor like the Lambo..

I thought of a good way to put it: Think of the Porsche as a woman that is great in bed;She does everything right and makes you feel good all the time. But think of the Lamborghini as going to bed with a supermodel..

Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The shape and sound of both Ferrari and Lamborgini just = exotic, plain and simple.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Ok...

Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
Sounds like if you did less car hopping you could have a lambo and a turbo and have the best of both worlds

Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Sounds like maybe you regret getting rid of the Lamborghini? As far as that supermodel comparison, there may be some merit to it. I have dated some damn hot girls that were terrible performers. ...tragic. I guess that's why I love my Porsche so much.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Then just drive a lambo, d-bag.......

Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
ohsix is infamous around these parts
I'd say the 997TT is like a beautiful, classy, wife with timeless looks (think Jennifer Aniston) and the Lamborghini is more like a hot **** star (think Jenna Jameson).

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Sounds like you're regretting your recent sale and are 'settling' for the TT. Perhaps you should have considered your audience when you posted that here? May I suggest LamboPower?

Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Sounds like you're regretting your recent sale and are 'settling' for the TT. Perhaps you should have considered your audience when you posted that here? May I suggest LamboPower?
+1, however it was a lot nicer than I would have said it.

For me, Lambo is all show and draws way too much attention.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
The TT is the closest you are going to get to DD and SuperCar; naturally there will be some compromises (exotic looks) but here in Toronto I get enough looks for my taste.

P.S. Driving a Lambo you may have slept with a few supermodels - I will tell you from some brief experiences that they are definitely not performers - coincidentally my friend tells me neither is the Lambo.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by uhn2000
The TT is the closest you are going to get to DD and SuperCar; naturally there will be some compromises (exotic looks) but here in Toronto I get enough looks for my taste.

P.S. Driving a Lambo you may have slept with a few supermodels - I will tell you from some brief experiences that they are definitely not performers - coincidentally my friend tells me neither is the Lambo.

thats the point I am making.. I do NOT wish to put down any Porsche especially the turbo.

The Lamborghini is exotic and turns heads everywhere you go,but as far as driving that thing,it is a handfull.

As far as having both;I have had both for the past 3 years.

The only reason why I got rid of the Lambo was because it was to much to deal with.. Started getting white knuckles everywhere I went with it.

Bottom line: The 997tt is (IMO)the best car ever made and as far as having another lambo, not for a long time..

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
I am contemplating on getting a Lambo too especially the price of LP-560-4 has dropped but I will not trade my 911 since I know I will be nervous to park it anywhere and bring it to work . It is best to have both!

Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM
The lambo will give u that sence of having something that everybody wish they had; But when you are on that deserted road on your way home u will wishing that u are in the Porsche.. Plain and simple.. The lambo will give you that (exotic feel) but the Porsche will be the car to long for when you want to be connected with the road..

Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I am telling you like it is.......

Old 09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
sound like you need a CGT or 918 !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotic feeling