997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

pre purchase inspection questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
sinnombre is infamous around these parts
pre purchase inspection questions

I posted a question about a used turbo a few days ago and this post is in reference to that:

I have a few new questions about a pre purchase inspection. I guess it is in my best interest for ME to pay for the ppi so I can hold someone accountable if something gets missed? What is the going rate for a ppi? Also, if the used porsche is at a porsche dealership is it a conflict of interest if that same dealership preforms the ppi? Because of logistical reasons I probably wont be present for the ppi, is this common practice?

Thanks

Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
I've always found a reputable local independent shop that specializes in Porsches (usually via Yelp) and had them do the inspection. I would definitely pay for the PPI myself, and I would absolutely not ever have the same dealer do the PPI inspection.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
YES DO IT, I just bought my 997 and when your going to spend that much $$$ its worth it. Around 3 to 4 hundred is right price... You want to know what you are getting,, For me it just backed everything up what the seller was saying. Stand up guy amazing car !!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I would not considered buying a used car without a PPI even if the car is CPOed. It's about $250-300 depending on dealership. It's nice to know the history of the car before buying it, sometimes they might find problems you don't want to deal with. Good luck

Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sinnombre
I posted a question about a used turbo a few days ago and this post is in reference to that:

I have a few new questions about a pre purchase inspection. I guess it is in my best interest for ME to pay for the ppi so I can hold someone accountable if something gets missed? What is the going rate for a ppi? Also, if the used porsche is at a porsche dealership is it a conflict of interest if that same dealership preforms the ppi? Because of logistical reasons I probably wont be present for the ppi, is this common practice?

Thanks
Tell us your location and I'm sure you'll get some recommendations - should be independent of the selling dealer.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
I just paid $200 with a DME readout included from a P-Dealer

Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM
sinnombre is infamous around these parts
The car is in LA, Calif

Old 10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sinnombre
The car is in LA, Calif
Try Lucent in Santa Monica - I'm sure there are others too.