997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That's just plain silly HP! Where do you get E85 around here?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 10-07-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edelectra
Well said neil .
Totally agree. Numbers are just numbers. At the end of the day, you want something you're totally 100% happy with.

Originally Posted by AWD
Great numbers. Stellar results for a stock block!!

E85 can get addicting.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ari
I think there are only two stations in our vacinity but don't hold me to that. One is in Brentwood and the other is in Arcadia.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow .
Dave .. be careful driving that beast .
Did you change the suspension too ?

Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Hey Larry, You're not kiddin. Stock suspension still. Not sure I will do that mod any time soon. I need to take it easy for a while.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats man

Old 10-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
That's awesome Dave! She's finally done and made history!
Last time I talked to you was like 6 months ago and you told me about her being at protomotive; I bet you can't wait for her to get home.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:23 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
wooooooow , bro you have really fast and nice car , alpha turbos are making huge power , but am wondering , what kind of tires you will run ? i just dynod my car and got 700whp and i lose traction ???

btw .. once you get the car just boost more

Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by milou
Congrats man
Thanks Bro!

Originally Posted by Abby997TT
That's awesome Dave! She's finally done and made history!
Last time I talked to you was like 6 months ago and you told me about her being at protomotive; I bet you can't wait for her to get home.
Thanks Shawn. It's been a while. It will be good to have her back. I think she's homesick--lol.

Originally Posted by ysfg35
wooooooow , bro you have really fast and nice car , alpha turbos are making huge power , but am wondering , what kind of tires you will run ? i just dynod my car and got 700whp and i lose traction ???

btw .. once you get the car just boost more
Thanks Yousef. Right now, I just have factory Pirellis. I know traction will be a problem. I've never handled this much power before so it's going to be a learning curve for me. We'll have to see how it goes. Any advice? I hear Proxes R888 are the way to go.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:43 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Go to http://www.e85fuel.com/ click the e85 flex station finder tab & enter your zip

Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely done! Congratulations and enjoy it in good health! Best,

Old 10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
What clutch/pressure plate setup did you go with, Dave? Have you ever had slave/accumulator problems in the past?

Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Steamboat
Nicely done! Congratulations and enjoy it in good health! Best,
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by bonehead
What clutch/pressure plate setup did you go with, Dave? Have you ever had slave/accumulator problems in the past?
We went with carbonetics triple disk/highest clamping force combo and converted to GT2 slave set-up. Never had any problems with stock set-up. Hopefully the same will hold true with these mods.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Good deal. Have you used the GT2 setup before? Certainly takes some getting used to.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:03 PM
No but people say it's really great. First person to tell me about it long ago was Larry (yrralis1) and he said it was a must mod. He said his old clutch set-up was very precarious. Can't wait to try it and the car. It will be a whole new experience for sure. That's what great about our cars. You can keep tranforming it into something new. When I got mine in 2008, it was stock, then year by year, slowly added mods and still a lot of room left to play.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
No but people say it's really great. First person to tell me about it long ago was Larry (yrralis1) and he said it was a must mod. He said his old clutch set-up was very precarious. Can't wait to try it and the car. It will be a whole new experience for sure. That's what great about our cars. You can keep tranforming it into something new. When I got mine in 2008, it was stock, then year by year, slowly added mods and still a lot of room left to play.
You're welcome to give my car a whirl as long as you promise not to fry the clutch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor