997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
I hope this will clarify the A/R subject
Thank you it clears that portion up then open another can of Qs

Is one better than the other ...
1. Does the T3 flange/T3 Header add any measurable gains vs. the stock headers (assuming this is what the Tial Alphas are using)
2. The turbine housing of Tials - the A/Rs top secret ? where do they fall as far as numbers- Is it even relevant ?
3. Which turbine housing is more efficient ? Garrett or Tial
4. I've always like ..believed in externally gated is better but without proof. How does that play in this scenario ?

I think I am trying to find a justification for the external gates; new manifolds($2-2.5K) work of HW

Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
GTs have typically produced faster 60-130 times over internally wastegated Alphas. Expect to pay more than $2-2.5K. Your talking at least double that with new headers and the necessary fab work, oil lines, etc.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Did not listen to your advice, tried it at home and blew my mind! These are incredible numbers. Will be hunting for E85 stations around my place.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, you struck gold.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:32 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Nice build how is the car runing rightnow ???

Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
It drives really smoothly, just like stock in that respect. I'm about to do some preventative motor upgrades to handle all that power. I'm waiting for some parts to come in but should be getting started shortly. I'll post about it once I get started.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:11 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Awesome news TTdude. I like where your going with this build. I had my motor built after my camshaft failed... Its bound to happen on your car with a lot of boost and time. I suggest you tear your motor down next time it needs to be opened so you get some good play time with this set up. Enjoy your beast... Cheers!

Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
good luck dave ,,

you deserve all the best

Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
When will we see a video of this beast in action?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by salerno713
Awesome news TTdude. I like where your going with this build. I had my motor built after my camshaft failed... Its bound to happen on your car with a lot of boost and time. I suggest you tear your motor down next time it needs to be opened so you get some good play time with this set up. Enjoy your beast... Cheers!
I hear ya Sal. Even though the stock motor is extremely stout, it can only handle so much boost--lol.

Originally Posted by ysfg35
good luck dave ,,
you deserve all the best
Thanks Yousef. I'll keep you posted and all the best with your next project.

Originally Posted by w00zy
When will we see a video of this beast in action?
Stay tuned.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Wait...what? Did I miss you telling us you got your car back, Dave?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey Ed. It's been back for a while but didn't post anything specific yet (I mentioned it on the 996t section). Haven't had a whole lot of seat time cause work is so busy but getting used to the EBC, clutch, feel, etc...It's going in the shop soon for the upgrades.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:38 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Hey Ed. It's been back for a while but didn't post anything specific yet (I mentioned it on the 996t section). Haven't had a whole lot of seat time cause work is so busy but getting used to the EBC, clutch, feel, etc...It's going in the shop soon for the upgrades.
Dave, how ya liking that triple disc clutch?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Dave, how ya liking that triple disc clutch?
Hey Todd, TK broke it in for me and saved me the pain but with the power assist, it feels even mushier than the Sachs 2.5 I had in there. I'm planning on doing the GT2 slave conversion while I have the motor out. Do you have power assist or GT2 conversion?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:01 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Excellent! And definitely a good idea
So when do meet up so I can see this German Razorback? Not sure how much longer I'll be in SoCal.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor