997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
How much longer are you planning on being in SoCal? I'll send you a PM.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:57 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Good luck with the build Dave! Don't forget some pics/vids of the build!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:13 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Hey Todd, TK broke it in for me and saved me the pain but with the power assist, it feels even mushier than the Sachs 2.5 I had in there. I'm planning on doing the GT2 slave conversion while I have the motor out. Do you have power assist or GT2 conversion?
I am getting used to it actually. I do not think I have the conversion as it is very easy to depress.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Epic numbers!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Good luck with the build Dave! Don't forget some pics/vids of the build!
Thanks Asher. I'll need it. Since you asked, here's the first pic.

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I am getting used to it actually. I do not think I have the conversion as it is very easy to depress.
Cool. I'll be curious to find out how hard it will be to depress without the assist.

Originally Posted by Perkman87
Epic numbers!
Thanks!

Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Why not Carrilo ?

Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Do you have any pbox times or videos of the beast in action those are serious power figures?

Old 12-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by milou
Why not Carrilo ?
Proto uses Pauter so I figured my tuner knows best. Actually, I considered several brands but Pauter is local to me. I'm sure Carillo makes a nice rod too but there have been discussions about shaving down the oil pump to fit the rods and that's not something I want to get into.

I weighed all rods and the specs on these beauties are tight. All were within +/-0.5g of 535.0g (including bolts). These are a nice set of rods.

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Do you have any pbox times or videos of the beast in action those are serious power figures?
Not yet but will do after the motor upgrade.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Proto uses Pauter so I figured my tuner knows best. Actually, I considered several brands but Pauter is local to me. I'm sure Carillo makes a nice rod too but there have been discussions about shaving down the oil pump to fit the rods and that's not something I want to get into.

I weighed all rods and the specs on these beauties are tight. All were within +/-0.5g of 535.0g (including bolts). These are a nice set of rods.

Not yet but will do after the motor upgrade.

Fair enough but I would have tested it to make sure the power you were running wasnt just dyno HP if you know what I mean!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Fair enough but I would have tested it to make sure the power you were running wasnt just dyno HP if you know what I mean!
Power should be similar before and after the motor upgrade--just reinforced to better handle the power.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Power should be similar before and
after the motor upgrade--just reinforced to better handle the power.

Ahh okay well good luck.

I Look forward to when it's finished as it will be amazing.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Erik G is infamous around these parts
Well, thats just sick!

Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Big fan of Pauter Rods... went through several motors on my Audi S4 .. blocks .. pistons heads.. been using the same set of Pauter Rods since the beginning. Car made 720 AWHP on Dyno Dynamics.. 860 AWHP on DynoJet

Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Congrats! That's a insane power ToddK has put into your baby!

Old 05-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Nardo4 is infamous around these parts
Great job! With stock engine ... ? Fine! Only 3076, 044er, exhaust, software, and ... ? 983whp/963tq with E85 ... Great. What parts you changed too ? How boost ? Tip or 6M ? Any 60-130 (better 100-200 an 200-300 times?) ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive 983whp/963tq Stock Motor