997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CPO- 6yr/100k?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM
bluespeed is infamous around these parts
CPO- 6yr/100k?

Had a sales guy tell me they are putting 6yr/100k mile CPO warranty's on 07's, said it was exact same as factory warranty when new. Is that true?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
Cpo is 6yrs from inservice date of car. Cpo is not as comprehensive as the original factory warranty.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
I have a 07 CPO car and its good for 2 more years... Just had it changed over to my name with Porsche.... Very easy process.... Sounds kind of funny what he is saying?????

Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Basically told me Porsche won some award for having the best factory cpo warranty in the business, said it was the exact same as if you were buying a new vehicle. Said a 30k mile car would have 70k miles of warranty left and would have no worries if anything failed on the car in that time.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
What is the name of the dealership ??

Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by MJA
What is the name of the dealership ??

http://www.porschewest.com/index.htm

I have no problems with them but I am finding out their reputation is less than stellar.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bluespeed
Had a sales guy tell me they are putting 6yr/100k mile CPO warranty's on 07's, said it was exact same as factory warranty when new. Is that true?
http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned-vehicles/approved/

There's a link to a pdf of the CPO brochure at the bottom of the page.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:53 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
CPO from Porsche post Sep 09(I may be off my dates) is very good, comparable to new car warranty. Pre had too many exclusion and was not very good.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bluespeed
http://www.porschewest.com/index.htm

I have no problems with them but I am finding out their reputation is less than stellar.
If your sales person is Louis. RUN!!!! Ask him to put what ever comes out of his mouth in writting and he will never speak another word.
I got screwed by him once when he was at Porsche North. I about died when I saw him at Porsche West and I was look for a turbo. Same old lies. Felt like I was 16 and never heard of Porsche when you talk with him. That crap he slings is unbelievable.
The sales manager is aware of it too. Just a shame.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:37 AM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Wink

I had a few issues with my 07TT (purchased/leased by me with an in service date of 6/07) and so Porsche NA made my baby a CPO, basically extending the "new car warranty" to 6 yrs./100K. I'm now at approx. 48K miles and the car has been in service for over 48 months. As an example of the extent of coverage and honor that Porsche NA demonstrates, if a carbon fiber dash piece warps, it is replaced free of charge. Of course you want to know my dealer - Porsche Roslyn (service dept. run by Lana). While I can say that Porsche Roslyn has excellent service, the bottom line is that when push comes to shove Porsche wants you to be happy with your steed. They would rather a customer buying their first "real" sports car purchase a CPO 997TT then to purchase a new whatever (ie. GTR, Z06, etc.). I concur that you shouldn't trust a fast talking allegedly shady salesperson and always get your CPO warranty in writing, BUT all Porsche NA CPO warranties are in writing. My 2 cents.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tortesq1
I had a few issues with my 07TT (purchased/leased by me with an in service date of 6/07) and so Porsche NA made my baby a CPO, basically extending the "new car warranty" to 6 yrs./100K. I'm now at approx. 48K miles and the car has been in service for over 48 months. As an example of the extent of coverage and honor that Porsche NA demonstrates, if a carbon fiber dash piece warps, it is replaced free of charge. Of course you want to know my dealer - Porsche Roslyn (service dept. run by Lana). While I can say that Porsche Roslyn has excellent service, the bottom line is that when push comes to shove Porsche wants you to be happy with your steed. They would rather a customer buying their first "real" sports car purchase a CPO 997TT then to purchase a new whatever (ie. GTR, Z06, etc.). I concur that you shouldn't trust a fast talking allegedly shady salesperson and always get your CPO warranty in writing, BUT all Porsche NA CPO warranties are in writing. My 2 cents.
A CPO is a 'limited' warranty and is not the same as the original warranty on the vehicle. It seems like the service your are receiving could be because of the relationship you have with the dealer. I would not expect the same level of service for everyone. Items like the carbon trim are exactly the things that are not covered under a CPO but are covered under the original factory warranty.

I don't think it is accurate for you to say 'Porsche NA made my baby a CPO, basically extending the "new car warranty" to 6 yrs./100K.

If it was a new car warranty it would be call such - CPO it is a limited warranty and Porsche clearly states this.

You will find huge differences from dealer to dealer as to what is covered and what is not. Also the dealer has the ability to cover items under 'goodwill' and they will pay for. Again every dealer is a little different and having a solid relationship cannot be overstated.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Your statement that a CPO warranty is a "limited" warranty, while accurate, is also applicable to any "new car" warranty. All manufacturer warranties are, by their very nature and explicit language, limited in some way, shape or form. Why is it not characterized as a new car warranty ? Simple - all "new car" warranties are limited to 48 months/50K miles (whichever comes first). After the initial warranty period has expired your steed may be characterized as a CPO for a fee or for free if, like me, you had an issue. I can't disagree with your assertion that having a good relationship with a dealer may smooth the way to accepting responsibility for an allegedly defective product component, but I strongly disagree as to what is covered. Unfortunately, most people simply accept no for an answer. If you push the envelope, they should cover your issue so long as there was no active negligence on your part. As an example of why the carbon dash piece was covered, it should be stated that the same piece had to be replaced at least twice before due to obvious warping. Anyway, I'm trying to think hard about what would not be covered under a CPO as opposed to a new warranty and I'm really coming up empty.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tortesq1
Your statement that a CPO warranty is a "limited" warranty, while accurate, is also applicable to any "new car" warranty. All manufacturer warranties are, by their very nature and explicit language, limited in some way, shape or form. Why is it not characterized as a new car warranty ? Simple - all "new car" warranties are limited to 48 months/50K miles (whichever comes first). After the initial warranty period has expired your steed may be characterized as a CPO for a fee or for free if, like me, you had an issue. I can't disagree with your assertion that having a good relationship with a dealer may smooth the way to accepting responsibility for an allegedly defective product component, but I strongly disagree as to what is covered. Unfortunately, most people simply accept no for an answer. If you push the envelope, they should cover your issue so long as there was no active negligence on your part. As an example of why the carbon dash piece was covered, it should be stated that the same piece had to be replaced at least twice before due to obvious warping. Anyway, I'm trying to think hard about what would not be covered under a CPO as opposed to a new warranty and I'm really coming up empty.

While my knowledge on this is limited as I've never owned a CPO I just went through this exercise with my Porsche service advisor. I have a 2007 997TT that recently went out of warranty. I have a 10+ year relationship with my service advisor and we have a lot of very frank conversations about P cars. When running the numbers the conclusion was that CPOing my vehicle was not worth the price and if I wanted piece-of-mind I was better off going with an aftermarket warranty. It had better coverage and was significantly less money.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
During our conversation he said the biggest surprise most owners of CPO vehicles have is what the warranty does not cover. While I did not go line by line the cost and the fact that it did not cover as much as the original factory warranty turned me off and I did not follow-up with specific questions. He did say the PCM – Nav/radio unit was not covered under CPO but is covered under original warranty. <o></o>
<o> </o>
The main point he was trying to make was that people often pay a big premium for a CPO vehicle and are disappointed in the coverage. Also one can find far better warranties that are much less expensive and offer better coverage. You do have to put a little time in researching warranties because firms do go out of business and leave policy holders empty handed.<o></o>
<o> </o>
I also went through the same thing on my BMW M5. The general consensus is almost the same but it does appear that the Porsche CPO has better coverage that the BMW CPO. The BMW and Porsche dealer have the same ownership and are right next to one another.<o></o>

Old 10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
So what are few quality warranty companies that people here have used in lieu of a CPO?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I can opine without reservation that the Bose radio and navigation system on my 07 are unequivocally covered by my CPO warranty if the are broken. The specific purpose of the CPO warranty is to the ensure the vehicles proper operation on a daily basis, absent any outright negligence on the part of the vehicle owner (ie. no massive abuse such as taking your vehicle "Club racing" or whatever every weekend). The sole reason people pay a significant premium for a CPO vehicle is because ALL functional components (except wear and tear items like tires and wiper blades) are guaranteed to operate properly or they will be replaced for the life of the warranty. If I may be so bold to point out that you should never ever take as accurate what a salesperson or even a service advisor tells you verbally. When in doubt speak to an experienced competent attorney who can review your warranty for you and hold the warrantors feet to the fire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CPO- 6yr/100k?