997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Shark Werks Magnesium RS Centerlock Wheel Announced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dus10reed
What would that wheel in a 18" weigh? Doesn't the GT3RSR come with 18"s? So an 18" should fit a GT3 / RS? Correct? I'm more concerned with performance, looks come 2nd.... I asked a Porsche Race engineer one time what's the advantage to larger wheels and he said "Z only advantage to z larguh vheels is larguh brakes, so if you dont have larguh brakes, you don't need larguh vheels." So can't you make an 18" that would fit over the brakes? Just curious...
It would be even lighter that's for sure... 18s are not going to fit over the PCCBs with this wheel sadly. I mean for those folks that want to use a race Hoosier tire etc... it's slim pickings in 18

Originally Posted by lopro
I just saw these wheels in the new Total911 magazine. Good looking wheels. In Issue 82
Wait till you get issue 83 then:P

Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
im surprised you went with HRE's on the blufin instead of the sharkwerks mg wheels, why?

i cant wait to see the new issue, Ive read the issue 82 like 3 times over, It was the first one on my subscription of total911. great mag. I also have the sub to excellance. Good read for morning with my coffie. Cant wait to see more sharky

Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
im surprised you went with HRE's on the blufin instead of the sharkwerks mg wheels, why?

i cant wait to see the new issue, Ive read the issue 82 like 3 times over, It was the first one on my subscription of total911. great mag. I also have the sub to excellance. Good read for morning with my coffie. Cant wait to see more sharky
You'll like the next one I promise:P

Our wheels are too much

Old 12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
i bet Ill enjoy it. Now are you telling me you cant afford your own wheels?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
i bet Ill enjoy it. Now are you telling me you cant afford your own wheels?
Wheels are valuable

Just because you work at Porsche factory doesn't mean you drive a Porsche Or does it.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Ud think so,

Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
Wheels are valuable

Just because you work at Porsche factory doesn't mean you drive a Porsche Or does it.
I've seen pictures of VW Beetle's there

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM
beetles seem to be quite popular in germany. Guess you have to remember your roots.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
beetles seem to be quite popular in germany. Guess you have to remember your roots.
No kidding! Most have rusted out tho