997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Two tone (Titanium Blue/Black) or all Black interior in white cab TTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
godspeed521 is infamous around these parts
Two tone (Titanium Blue/Black) or all Black interior in white cab TTS?

Would really appreciate some help by hearing your opinions.

Finally made the decision to pull the trigger on a white TTS cab, but I have a tough choice and feel truly on the fence.

I'm having a hard time deciding between two available interior colors, both in a white cabriolet, TTS. I can choose between a two tone option (Titanium Blue and Black) interior, or an all black interior.

I like having something a bit different, but also concerned about resale value since I typically keep my cars no more than 2 years and then look to sell.

I know color is subjective, but I would love to hear your opinions. I've included a photo below as reference.

Thanks in advance guys!

Tommy
Name:  Screenshot2011-10-27at31627PM.png
Views: 3174
Size:  310.2 KB

Last edited by godspeed521; 10-27-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
BroadStreet is infamous around these parts
Its all about personal preference, but I like the black in a white car. If you get black, you may want to think about ventilated cooled seats in a convertible. That also depends on where you live. I had quite a few porsches, but my 2012 997tt is balck on black. I have the ventilated seats and it is one of my favorite options. Of course living in South Florida causes the cars interior to heat up rather quickly. Good luck! Post pics when you get.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I have always preferred all black interiors. At most with some deviated stitching in another color. I personally don't think the titanium and black interior would look good on a white car. On a blue or black car maybe, but not on a white car.

Good luck mate.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
Anything but all black.....

Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
All Black as the contrast to the white would look good. I have a GT siver with all black and I like it.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
I have this colour combo in my TTS which matches the Ice Blue Metallic exterior colour very well. Mind you if I was going with the white exterior I would lean to the black interior also. If you want ventilated seats you'll have to change the seats that come standard with the TTS.

Remember also that the titanium blue/black colour combo is unique to the TTS so that's one more thing that might complicate your decision. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I say go for the 2-tone

Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Two tone looks great IMO

I would go crazy on blue deviated stitching on everything to tie it in.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
If it was two tone black/white or black/tan or black/grey on a white car sure but where is the tie in to the blue? On a coupe maybe it would work, but on a cab with the top down the interior is much more visible.

I'm not feeling it but it is a personal decision/opinion of course. I don't see it helping resale at all, but if a buyer down the road wants a used TTS in white they'll probably accept the two tone even if it isn't their taste given the rarity of a used TTS in the paint color they want for sale.

I originally asked the GM of my local Porsche/Audi dealership(whom I've bought many cars from and would consider a "friend") to find me a white/tan or red/tan TT Cab because I didn't want to deal with hot black seats when wearing shots or the hot steering wheel etc. He said it's leather, it doesn't matter what color it is, it is going to get hot. Then he said black is the best interior color for resale hands down and white/black/silver paint has the best resale as well. Keep in mind this is in CT not the Cali or So Fla. etc where more wild options are "normal"

I ended up buying a white with black interior TT cab...white painted seat backs and white painted center console. The black on white really pops without being overkill. The black & white combo on the 997 is so classy.

With tinted windows and always putting the top up when I park I haven't had any issues with the black interior being too hot...YET. If you want some specific pictures of the interior let me know if I can help.

Last edited by Jenner; 10-28-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I would go with the same as Jenners spec. All black with white accents. The blue doesn't really go that well with the white imo.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
I agree that the blue is not really the best combination with the white exterior. If that's the only 2 tone option, I would pick an all black interior with a lot of deviated white stitching.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate everyone's input.

Just to clarify, both Turbo S cabs are used, with low miles (approx. 3500 miles). I specifically wanted a white one, and found the two choices- black or black/titanium blue.

Unfortunately, the one with the all black interior has been sold as of this morning.

I am offered a pretty good deal on the one with black/titanium blue interior (152K for a car that had an original MSRP of 180K). I was thinking with the savings, I can apply it towards Alcantera seat inserts, or some other custom interior options.

I can either pass on this deal and wait for a future white cab TTS, or buy this car and go to a custom upholstery shop.

Comments?

Old 10-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by godspeed521
I can apply it towards Alcantera seat inserts, or some other custom interior options.
You'll need to do the doors as well of course and I know the doors have airbags in that location. Assuming there are no issues there and/or your shop can handle it I would go alcantera route! Black or grey/silver if you want to keep the two tone look. White alcantera will probably show dirt/wear more.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jenner
You'll need to do the doors as well of course and I know the doors have airbags in that location. Assuming there are no issues there and/or your shop can handle it I would go alcantera route! Black or grey/silver if you want to keep the two tone look. White alcantera will probably show dirt/wear more.
Jenner, good point about the air bags. That's not something I would necessarily want someone to mess with unless they really knew what they were doing.

I was thinking about doing all the inserts in black or gray Alcantera as you suggested. Can't really think of any other suitable colors.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
What color is all the stitching in the car? If it is the stock/default grey stitching you can't go wrong with either. Does it have a lot of the aluminum look options? Can you post the option list of the car?

The reason I ask is that my TT has the default grey stitching and lots of aluminum paint thus the grey alcantera would tie in with that and break up the black, but if you don't have anything to tie the grey into you might as well just go with black to be safe.

Jez this is starting to sound like a TV show my wife would watch...so yeah TTS 530hp and PDK with launch control, 0-60 in 2.9 seconds right!? Just get the one with the blue inserts, put some miles on it and enjoy it and take care of the seats if they still bother you after you put 1000 miles on it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Two tone (Titanium Blue/Black) or all Black interior in white cab TTS?