997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modded VTG's and E85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM
ViciousZ is infamous around these parts
Modded VTG's and E85

Hey guys I been reading alot on here the past few months and recently picked up a 07 GT Silver Turbo. The car is great, I already did a Protomotive Tune, NO MAF, K&N filter and gutted cats. The car runs great but like all addictions I need a little more.....

My next step is to change the injectors, get an E85 tune from Proto since I have an E85 station near me, and have the modded VTG's...

Has anyone done these mods, and what should I expect for Gains.

I'll post a pic of the car, wheels are on order, I just tinted and dresses it up with a little Carbon, and some Fabspeed tips...

Thanks

Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I was wondering what my GT silver would look like with a carbon hood & intakes now i know thanks.As far as E85 with modded vtg's i have this setup but had my modded vtg's & proto tune already when i did my E85 tune but difference is like putting in Ms109 for $3.50 a gall instead of $15.00 a gall

Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Car will pull harder across the range on E85, do it.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:21 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
No MAF? How does this work?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
No MAF? How does this work?
MAFless Tune is called Speed Density and is based on the MAP sensor(Boost).
MAF's are either unplugged or taken off.
Proto provides MAFless tune.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
I would step into something with more efficiency, such as our P800 package, or the flex fuel E911.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM
ViciousZ is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the replies. Proto says I will have 600 at the wheels with these mods.That translates to around 700 at the crank. I think that's a good bang for the buck.
2100 for modded vtg
800 for injectors
few hundred to update ecu with new tune
900 labor

Thats around 4k.

anyone have this set up already??

Old 11-11-2011, 04:58 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ViciousZ
Thanks for the replies. Proto says I will have 600 at the wheels with these mods.That translates to around 700 at the crank. I think that's a good bang for the buck.
2100 for modded vtg
800 for injectors
900 labor

Thats around 4k.

anyone have this set up already??
Your missing a few things for 600 at the wheels...You'll need ic and also 2100 is for only one side of the turbos...If you upgrade both, which if I remember Todd recommended this, it would be around $5g's...venkatreddytx has been running this setup for a while now...

Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
If your car is a manual, your OEM Clutch will slip budget in Clutch, Pressure Plate and Labor.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skeeter
Your missing a few things for 600 at the wheels...You'll need ic and also 2100 is for only one side of the turbos...If you upgrade both, which if I remember Todd recommended this, it would be around $5g's...venkatreddytx has been running this setup for a while now...
Yes, and then there are headers, a proper exhaust if you don't already have one, air intake parts, throttle body, etc. etc. Take a look at the kits most tuners sell for 700 hp and you are looking at $15K+. What you don't want to do is skimp and do an incomplete setup and then suffer a major mechanical because the weak link in the system let go. Good luck,

PS Nice Car!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:20 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
2100 is for only one side of the turbos...If you upgrade both, which if I remember Todd recommended this, it would be around $5g's...
and how does that turbo setup compare to alpha 28s (still stock headers and internal WGs )? More plumbing ?

spool ? peak power ? area under the curve ?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AriS4
and how does that turbo setup compare to alpha 28s (still stock headers and internal WGs )? More plumbing ?

spool ? peak power ? area under the curve ?

The alpha 28s will spool just as early as the VTGs and produce close to ~640whp which a modded VGT setup can produce- but if your spending the money for the alpha 28s' your better off getting the 3071s or 3076s and having them correctly dialed in with proper tuning.

-As far as 2100 per side for the modded VTGs- you can get a deals in the vendor classifieds for some modded VTGs for 2500 and using your set as a core- or they mod your stock turbos...

Old 11-13-2011, 01:38 AM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ViciousZ
2100 for modded vtg
800 for injectors
900 labor

Thats around 4k.
I thought the Proto tune came with a few free map additions?

John H

Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 AM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Your missing a few things for 600 at the wheels...You'll need ic and also 2100 is for only one side of the turbos..
He won't need to upgrade ICs if he's running E85. E85 does more for cooling the charge air intake temps than any aftermarket IC could ever dream to do. Cars running E100 at 30+ psi boost don't even run ICs. More power through better chemistry. Flow-wise, no problem at 600whp. Huge waste of money, but huge profits to some.

John H

Old 11-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Steamboat
Yes, and then there are headers, a proper exhaust if you don't already have one, air intake parts, throttle body, etc. etc. Take a look at the kits most tuners sell for 700 hp and you are looking at $15K+. What you don't want to do is skimp and do an incomplete setup and then suffer a major mechanical because the weak link in the system let go. Good luck,
I haven't seen any evidence that headers or throttle body increase power any. At 600whp levels a larger throttle body will do more harm robbing you of low-end, mid-range and response than the minimal increase if any at high rpms.

"Suffer a major mechanical because of a weak link"? That sounds like a scare tactic used to sell more product.

John H

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded VTG's and E85