997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997: TT vs GT3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Bryce86 is infamous around these parts
997: TT vs GT3.

Quick search didn't bring up a thread on this.

Just looking for opinions on the tt vs gt3 idea. I'm unsure now what I want! It's purely a toy but at the same time I don't want to get pissed off if it has I want to properly use it as a car. Major journeys will be done in the AMG.

Thanks lads

Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
two different animals.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:53 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Test drive both and see what's best for you...It's all a matter of opinion here and what your plans for the car are...

Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
GT3RS for sure!

I go on drives with my buddy in his 997TT and me in the GT2. Sometimes we switch cars and his car feels like a Luxury car in comparison to the GT2. The TT is a great sports car until you experience any of the 911 GT cars and then you will not be satisfied with a TT. As others have mentioned drive them both and decide and you wont regret your choice. The only other 911 I would want other than my GT2 is the 3RS. But for now I will keep, love and enjoy my GT2.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I want a GT3RS VERY badly. It will be my next 911 for sure.

Ken

Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
I would love a GT3RS. But I don't think I could give up the power of the turbo and I love the all wheel drive as well. You could always mod the heck out of the suspension like me and have it feeling like a GT3 if not better.

Best thing to do is to have both

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
As above stated ... these cars are really different as can be with the same/same skin.

Depends on what one wants in a car.

I drive my Turbo daily and on weekends with my girl friend with the top down in good, warm weather. We like this. Plus, the Turbo is wicked fast! And, sounds great with aftermarket exhaust.

GT cars are more rudimentary IMO and lend themselves to be less of a daily driver/weekend cruiser ... but, more of a muscle car/track car.

And, altho I love the look of the radical GT cars, I would not consider them for my purposes (as above stated). And, my GF would not enjoy riding in one either based on their less than grand creature comforts. Are Porsches noted for creature comfort? (puzzled ... )

But, one buys what one wants. I love them both. But, Turbo is where my heart throbs. Presently ... at any rate.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
BBYU provided you with some really good links to previous threads of this sort. But the main thing you have to answer and honestly is what the purpose of this car will be. Some people think a "toy" is for weekend drives through scenic roads and spirited driving. While others think their "toy" is for track day/autocross purposes. So if you define what you're looking for, you'll be able to find your answer. Good luck, half the fun is the journey to figuring out what you really want!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Bryce86 is infamous around these parts
Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
I am in the same boat deciding between a gt3 and TT S. My car will be my DD so the TT makes more sense, but I love the looks/handling/rawness of the gt3. However I test drove a gt3 recently and realized I can't live without the power and torque of the 997.2 TT (I have driven both a pdk TT and TT s)

Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
godspeed521 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
BBYU provided you with some really good links to previous threads of this sort. But the main thing you have to answer and honestly is what the purpose of this car will be. Some people think a "toy" is for weekend drives through scenic roads and spirited driving. While others think their "toy" is for track day/autocross purposes. So if you define what you're looking for, you'll be able to find your answer. Good luck, half the fun is the journey to figuring out what you really want!
I think this post sums it all up nicely. I've had 2 GT3s in the last 8 years, and only recently picked up a TTS Cab. With obvious differences in the transmission, I can tell you first hand that there are differences I believe no amount of modding will 'level.' You really need to drive both on the street AND the track to appreciate the differences. I will always miss my GT3 (traded in my last one), but I know that it won't be my last.

In the meantime, the TTS is just FAST FAST FAST and leaves me with a stupid grin every time I floor it and scare my wife..

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Like everyone said already, it depends on the use. For a normal driver...GT3 will drive you nuts if the roads aren't perfect.

Get a TT and do a suspension mod and you'll be a happy camper. You can put it on the track here and there and have an awesome time.

I have the TT for the road and a GT3 Cup for the track. Best of both worlds

Old 11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Wow this thread was a great read, It really made me think a lot about what im driving. You turbo guys must have lots of fun with the power. I never test drove the tt when i was buying maybe I should have. GT3 on track is pure sex~I love it more than I can explain

Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Have had both and returning to the TT

My 2012 TT is 'on the boat' and headed this way after just turning in my 2011 GT3. I had two previous 997 Turbos, and in the end, they are simply more my liking for street driving which is what I do. I tell people that you only need 100 yards to enjoy the thrill of a TT with its HP and TORQUE whereas the GT3 requires much more 'yardage' to take advantage of what it offers. We're all different, that's why Porsche makes all the variants of the 911 that it does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997: TT vs GT3.