997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
just talked with german friend, he tested hard new disc after replacement immediately and same story....for me it looks like material failure.
That still doesn't answer the question whether the discs were bedded appropriately or not after the replacement......

Had the 380/380 GT kit on my M3 that were properly bedded. Never had any issues with fade or judder on / off track.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
just talked with german friend, he tested hard new disc after replacement immediately and same story....for me it looks like material failure.
I understand you're upset and quick to blame Brembo and now think they're just so terrible. tomorrow, call Brembo directly, they're known for having very good customer service. Brembo systems are VERY good. Maybe you got a bad one or maybe you didn't do the proper break-in of the systems. I'm sure Brembo will take care of you and get this problem solved. But to do so, you're going to have to stop boohoo'ing and take care of business and call them. Some people here have given you very good advice. I realize it's a weekend and they're closed, but call them tomorrow. It may be something VERY VERY simple or may require complete replacement, but you're not going to know for sure until you talk to them. Good luck, I hate frustrating things like this when they happen and can totally understand your frustration. Luckily sometimes the answers aren't as bad as they seem.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:37 PM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
I am truly very sorry for the issues you have experienced. However, it seems you are predisposed to believe there is some kind of product defect. I, along with others here, have pointed out improper bedding as a culprit, but you do not seem open to these opinions.

I encourage you to contact the establishment that you purchased these through so that they may in-turn contact or put you in contact with the appropriate people within Brembo to attempt to resolve your complaints.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
I purchased this kit via dealer from USA, dealer said they are best quality brakes and he don't care about my issues.
there is nothing like brembo office here in Poland.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
That is disappointing, first a USA dealer is not allowed to sell outside of the USA. To circumvent that, and then not support the customer is even more disappointing.

Tomorrow I will see if I can find someone that can assist you. However, you are going to need to get beyond your preconceived notions and be willing to accept the evaluations and recommendations of those that try to help you.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
sure, will do my best. I will appreciate your help.
but I did some research, there is more people with same issues and experiences here.
I would love to change my opinion, this is a huge problem to me, driving 1000Nm car without brakes.

I was running some big kits in different cars in my life (AP and Alcon and PF) and I never had any problems, newer heard about break in process from this vendors.

once in my lotus brake pedal was a bit deeper after few laps on the race track, so my shop tried to rid off air in the system for the third time and was perfect later.

Last edited by 997 GT3 RS/TT; 11-27-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:05 PM
msv
Sent you a PM for your contact info.

Just so that everyone is aware, not only is the bedding process described in the installation manual, but in each kit there is also an extra insert printed on brightly colored paper once again providing the bedding procedure and stressing that it must be performed thoroughly, and must be done before taking any extended drives on a highway.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:08 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
sure, will do my best. I will appreciate your help.
but I did some research, there is more people with same issues and experiences here.
I would love to change my opinion, this is a huge problem to me, driving 1000Nm car without brakes.

I was running some big kits in different cars in my life (AP and Alcon and PF) and I never had any problems, newer [never] heard about break in process from this vendors.

once in my lotus brake pedal was a bit deeper after few laps on the race track, so my shop tried to rid off air in the system for the third time and was perfect later.
I have not bought any new kits from Alcon or AP so I don't know about their bedding procedure, but I can't imagine they are too different. Speaking of Brembo, the brand new rotors come with a coating on them to prevent oxidation during storage and transit. See picture here of an the BBK first installed on my M3:

The shiny golden hue is created by the special coating.

There is specific bedding instruction in the kit that shows you how to appropriately bed the rotors so they are even and won't create vibration during hard braking. Here's how the rotor look after the bedding procedure:

You can see how that hue is no longer present and the rotor looks silver again.

Originally Posted by msv
Sent you a PM for your contact info.

Just so that everyone is aware, not only is the bedding process described in the installation manual, but in each kit there is also an extra insert printed on brightly colored paper once again providing the bedding procedure and stressing that it must be performed thoroughly, and must be done before taking any extended drives on a highway.
True, in my case, it was bright high-lighter orange piece of paper that warns about the bedding procedure.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Karol:

If you cant get any support from the dealer ask your installer to double check the install. Secondly, use pads that where mentioned previously that may clean off any clumps of the failed or distorted pad from the rotors. (Brembo rotors cannot be turned). Reinstalll a new set of pads follwoing the burnishing directions exactly.

Before attempting above I would call Brembo and tell them that you are concerned you did not burnish correctly and state the symptoms.

When I burnished my ZR1 brakes (Same used by Ferrari) the first thing I did was burnish. It is very easy and takes about 1/2 an hour. I forgot exactly how it was doen but you must accellerate and brake hard, accellerate and brake hard..........................I believe this is done 50 times but never exceeding 60 MPH before appliying brakes hard. If you did not follow these steps they were most likely not burnished correctly.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Why don't you at least try a full brake flush before biting people's heads off? With new calipers, it's VERY easy to have some air bubbles trapped in the system even if you install things very carefully. When I installed BBKs in the past, I followed instructions carefully; inverting the calipers and hitting it with a rubber mallet to dislodge the tipped air bubbles, flush them out, then repeat the process, all the while making absolutely sure your reservoir does not run dry. Even after this I still had to reflush after some driving to get the last bits of bubbles out of the ABS system.

Good luck on diagnosing your problem, hope it turns out to be a minor issue.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:52 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
IN MY OPINION BREMBO GT IS MONEY WASTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe you shouldn't make such blanket statements such as this and "brembo is a joke" until you've isolated all the variables. other people have used this system without problems. it sounds like an install error to me.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
maybe you shouldn't make such blanket statements such as this and "brembo is a joke" until you've isolated all the variables. other people have used this system without problems. it sounds like an install error to me.
I'm convinced that the OP is capable of breaking anything he gets his hands on.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I linked the Stoptech bedding procedures in post #17 - I've followed this on 3 different cars and never had a problem.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I purchased this kit via dealer from USA, dealer said they are best quality brakes and he don't care about my issues.
there is nothing like brembo office here in Poland.
I am the dealer... Just like others have said here, this is a bedding in process. I supported and emailed the OP plenty of times what to try and even included the link to StopTech bedding in process as it is good content. Any time you or your employee email me, I respond instantly. I can help and do whatever I can to assist you, but I cant make a issue go away via email. To say we wont support you is false. There is nothing wrong with Brembo quality, design, or function. These brakes were sold almost 2 years ago with a slew of other parts as I have done alot of business with the OP.

And we sold ES Motors his Brembo that were installed on his dad's 997TT almost 2 years ago. Having sold probably $500K in Brembo, we have never had and probably neither has Race Technologies had a issue like this from Brembo.

With the design of the McLaren hardware, the rotor has a true centerline and is a true floating rotor. Thus if you did not bed in the brakes properly, pad material even from the standard pad included will cause this vibration. I have had this happen only 1 time and it was with Porsche OEM replacement rotors. The customer was advised to install Hawk Blue Pads and rebed them in to remove the existing layer.

I have personally used the Brembo GT brake kit front and rear on my 996TT and tracked the **** out of it with the included pads and no issues. I also have the 2pc Brembo rotors on my 997TT and have no issues with them after I did the proper bedding in.

MSV, Jaime, Rick, or anyone from RT/Brembo can feel free to contact me. This is a worldwide economy and we have customers all over the world. I take price on our service, Porsche knowledge, and product experience. However I cant stand by and have someone say we did not help them. I will respond via email or PM as that is the proper way to handle from here.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 AM
steering wheel shacking is one thing but how about no brakes at all after 3 tests ?

here are the pictures:

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????