997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:22 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
eclou, thank you very much for your help.

1. brembo gt kit 380mm discs. will find picture with the numbers.
2. I asked Dan about the pads specification when ordering, I have informed his that I will use it also on the race track, he said no problem and he send me 2 sets, tomorrow will post the number.
3.SRF was filled together with brakes maximum 3 months ago.
4.normal driving no race track, I did some acceleration over 300km/h and hard braking till 180-200km/h and I did this 3 timies, during last time I lost brakes completely. brake pedal was in correct position but nothing happend.
5.nothing on the dash.
6.there is some dust on the rims, it looks like gold dust I guess.

Originally Posted by eclou
Karol some folks here have given you the best advice they could possibly provide despite the limited amount of information you have posted. It would be helpful for you to provide:

1)specific kit you bought - description, part number
2)exact brake pad you are using
3)exact brake fluid you are using - if SRF when was it last filled? Racing brake fluids need to be changed more often than factory fluids
4)what type of driving - spirited, track, cruising on the freeway?
5)any warning lights showing up on the dash?
6)any odor/smoking from the brakes? Is there much brake dust being generated?

for right now it seems like you would be best to revert to stock until your problem is clearly identified and a definitive solution can be found

Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Karol,

Could you try accelerating and decelerating several times WITHOUT using the brakes?

Think it like you are following another car on the highway, but don't touch the brake pedal.

I wonder if your brakes will shake like ours when you try this above.

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Very interesting thread. I understand improper bedding-in could cause wheel judder. But cracked rotor and complete loss of braking power?? Something else must be going on - something wrong with the installation?
I personally have seen a set of Brembo on a 997 Turbo - no problem there. Wouldn't that alone indicate there is something wrong with the installation or bedding-in here?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.centricparts.com/files/Ce...n%20Theory.pdf
The all-important transfer layer
As stated above, the objective of the bed-in process is to deposit an even layer of brake pad material, or transfer layer, on the rubbing surface of the rotor disc. Note the emphasis on the word even, as uneven pad deposits on the rotor face are the number one, and almost exclusive cause of brake judder or vibration.
Let's say that again, just so there is no misunderstanding. Uneven pad deposits on the rotor face are the number one, and almost exclusive cause of brake judder or vibration.
It only takes a small amount of thickness variation, or TV, in the transfer layer (we're only talking a few ten thousandths of an inch here) to initiate brake vibration. While the impact of an uneven transfer layer is almost imperceptible at first, as the pad starts riding the high and low spots, more and more TV will be naturally generated until the vibration is much more evident. With prolonged exposure, the high spots can become hot spots and can actually change the metallurgy of the rotor in those areas, creating “hard” spots in the rotor face that are virtually impossible to remove.

Last edited by cannga; 11-30-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
This is the best, most informative bed-in video I've seen

http://www.essexparts.com/learning-c...rs/post/Bed-in

Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
so what kind of pictures you need to see that brakes are installed correctly?
what can be done wrong on installation????

Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 AM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cannga
very interesting thread. I understand improper bedding-in could cause wheel judder. but cracked rotor and complete loss of braking power?? Something else must be going on - something wrong with the installation?
i personally have seen a set of brembo on a 997 turbo - no problem there. Wouldn't that alone indicate there is something wrong with the installation or bedding-in here?
yes!^

Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Emre, no they are working normal.

both problems are happening only when brakes are working under stress, I wouldn't call stress braking from 300km/h to 200km/h.

here are the pads.

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Staying tuned. I am sure there is much much more to this story.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
I said I was exiting this, but I just can't let this thread continue to go on without.

I have stated earlier that the pads when new do experience a fade cycle before they recover and maintain their performance. This is stated in the product literature if one actually reads it.

A standard fade test for Brembo is 15 consecutive 70-0mph (112-0kmh) stops with no loss in performance.

The pads in these GT systems as standard are a fast-road and limited track pad. They are made by Ferodo and are an exceptional high-performance pad, while still having the comfort characteristics needed for street driving (i.e. not having your Porsche sound like a bus when stopping at street lights). There are other pads available, but there are trade offs between sustained extreme temperature performance and comfort. Customers can discuss their intentions and requirements/desires and the proper pad selected for their particular desires.

I have already pointed out that the system was not bedded properly and in fact, was done exactly contrary to the warnings in the literature. So this is our starting point. Then we have a "green" system that is improperly bedded and hasn't experienced the first fade. Then there are the extreme conditions which have not yet been mentioned, and I don't believe most fully comprehend. As I stated earlier, a standard fade test is 15 consecutive 70-0 stops with no time between with no loss in performance. I hope we can agree that this is aggressive use.

The OP is talking about 3 consecutive 300-200km/h (188-125mph) decelerations. Kinetic energy rises with the square of the velocity. This is the energy equivalent of 3 consecutive full stops from 140mph (224-0 kmh).

Is it unreasonable to believe that this could result in fade on system with street pads that haven't been seasoned?

Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Karol,

Could you try accelerating and decelerating several times WITHOUT using the brakes?

Think it like you are following another car on the highway, but don't touch the brake pedal.

I wonder if your brakes will shake like ours when you try this above.
This is judder resulting from discs that are not properly bedded. Judder is experienced only under light brake application. With the Porsche pre-fill system you don't have to even touch the brake pedal, when you rapidly release the accelerator pedal the PASM system is delivering slight pressure to the braking system. With properly bedded discs this judder would not occur.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 AM
About the brake pads I asked for:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear 997 GT3 RS/TT,

You have received a new private message at 6speedonline.com Forums from vividracing, entitled "Re: brembo gt".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Trust me they are good. Video looks nice. Put your helmet strap on! You need one of my roll bars too.

Dan

---Quote (Originally by 997 GT3 RS/TT)---
I need it for race track !!!!!!

this is just ecu and exhaust.

---Quote (Originally by vividracing)---
Just 1 set of replacement Brembo street pads will be fine. I will send new estimate now.

Dan

Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 AM
I did some race tracks with stock 350mm discs and turbo pads, not GT3 !!!
as I mentioned they where fine up to 3 laps.
I did many hard braking from over 300km/h without any issues with stock 350mm discs !!!
After installation of new 350mm discs and pads I just drove.

I decided to go with big brake kit because I don't like the look of 350mm they are too small for 19 inch rims, but I was quite happy with them.

I have cars with big kits like AP, Alcon and FP and I never had any issue and I never did any brake in process !!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 AM
why Emre wrote this:

"I'm in Germany now, for the Essen Motorshow,

They are also aware of this problem here"

and why GT-TT wrote this:

"As u may recall Karol I had same experience with Brembo big reds on a 996tt.. Tried to warn you as I was also very surprised having that shake and then fade after only 2 laps..
The best solution is latest generation pccbs.."

what they did wrong? installation? pads? weather?

Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great thread and I can say that I've lorn a lot about after market brake systems From my experience I can say that every time I bought a new car within the past twenty something years -Porsches, Ferrari, BMW-M, Mercedes AMG Chrysler , Jeep, Toyota, VW. and others I rely never was worried about my breaks.I'm talking here about new cars and fact that I never did any brake bedding. and they always work great.Brakes are probably number one safety component on the car and to me it sound that sometimes the best thing is just to live them alone.My PCCB are on third set of pads and I have 15K miles on my car, so I do use them pretty often and hard.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:56 AM
My car is not safe with this brakes for sure.

imagine 800PS car without brakes?

or maybe I shouldn't use brakes when braking from 300km/h or more?

I'm speech less, this is huge disappointment.

As I mentioned before, there is something wrong with the material for sure !!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????