997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
i just read everything on here sorry to see your problems, Being one of brembos largest us dealers and sold countless kit and installed them also and jsut put a kit on my own turbo and zero problems , i have to say break in is the problem here i start my break in on all cars even at lower speeds i do 20 times of 0-20 mhp and minimal brake application as possible then i take it by 20 mhp increments but still only applying minimal brake for a good 40- 50 times in total and i have never had 1 car we installed ever have these problems . Now i have had cars come to us with this problem or refereed to us by brembo to solve this issue and it was simple as putting in what the call cleaner pads or new rotors and pads and never have i not fixed it . if ou need any tech help call me directly i love to talk to you and help you out 786-522-7344 . or email me thanks good luck hope you get it right .

here is my car for reference also with brand new GT kit https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...00-horses.html

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
This is one of the most comprehensive bedding in procedures I came across... Maybe it helps.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
The attached document is included in every system. Not only is the document itself highlighted, but there are additional labels on the packaging telling you to find and read it. It couldn't be more conspicuous unless a trained monkey was included in every package to jump out and hit you in the head with it as soon as the box is opened.

It covers the points that I have already made ad nauseum in this thread. I have gone further to fully describe the characteristics of the standard pads, including posting graphs of the initial fade and subsequent recovery and stabilization. I have made clear that there are other pad compounds available to tailor the system to someones specific needs.

In respect to the OP, I have had the North American Brembo distributor contact him in order to make sure he has the best support. As a final word, I will say that the Ferodo racing material that he posted would likely be a better fit for his needs.

I have done all that I can do, and wish everyone the best with their braking endeavors. If anyone should wish to have anything more from me, please send me a PM, as I won't be visiting this thread again.

Cheers.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Document.pdf (111.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 12-03-2011, 12:31 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
thanks again but I was hopping that someone will post very short and simple instruction in few points.

you mentioned about pads...hope you saw my message to Dan with information that I need them for race track use which is not true but I thought hi will understand that my right foot is heavy.
he also send me instruction I also posted but I have revived after I informed him about problems, not me, Dominic.
so he newer mentioned about this process or any process regarding to this brakes.

how about rest of guys above with same problems? what they did wrong?
why brembo is not offering this GT kits ready to run?
as Emre mentioned, in Germany they know about issues, I know personally two guys that removed brembo GT from their cars.

maybe regular brembo users are not using them like people from Europe?
how often they are braking from 300km/h? and the funniest thing is that 350mm stock brakes are holding 300km/h braking without any problems.
this is my worst experience ever and I have a lot experience with other top brake vendors without one issue.

so what are the instructions? should I buy another set of discs and pads? and what then???? this is serious question if another set of pads and discs wont work I will post movies form my car on youtube.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
this is latest instruction?

• Perform at least 20 brake applications using medium deceleration (approximately 60% of
maximum) starting from 60mph and slowing to 20mph. Do not come to a stop. Accelerate back
to the starting speed allowing 20-30 seconds before beginning the next brake application.
• After completion, drive the vehicle for at least 5 minutes with little or no braking in order to
adequately cool the components.
• When it can be done legally, or on a closed circuit, a secondary bedding operation is beneficial.
Repeat the above procedure for 5 to 10 brake applications increasing the starting speed to
80mph and increasing the deceleration rate to 80% of maximum.
• After completion, drive the vehicle for at least 10 minutes with little or no braking in order to
adequately cool the components.
• The system is now ready for normal use.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
this is another instruction I have received via mail:

Drive vehicle to a remote area and perform at least 30 brake applications
of 3 second duration. Use light/medium deceleration with varying starting
speeds. Leave at least ½ mile between each brake application
• The purpose of this procedure is to gradually increase the temperature in
the components without thermal shock, and to mate the brake pad and
disc friction surfaces
• After the repeated stops, drive the vehicle for several miles with little or no
braking in order to adequately cool the components
• The system is now ready for normal use

so which one is for me???

Old 12-05-2011, 11:45 AM
any suggestions ? anyone?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
any suggestions ? anyone?
Yes, my suggestion is call the manufacturer directly. I believe MSV has given you the information and contact info as he stated in a previous post. Do what THEY suggest. We're talking the manufacturer of the brake system, not some backyard mechanic or keyboard cowboy. Do what BREMBO tells you to do and nothing else. I don't care if you have a friend that won the Paris-Dakaar race driving a purpose driven race car, do exactly what BREMBO tells you. If you do anything other than what they tell you, you're taking it into your own hands and if it doesn't work out, then you'll have only yourself to blame for not following their instructions. If all this doesn't work, then feel free to go buy new brakes elsewhere and send me your "Bad Brembo's" I'll happily take them off your hands

Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Yes, my suggestion is call the manufacturer directly. I believe MSV has given you the information and contact info as he stated in a previous post. Do what THEY suggest. We're talking the manufacturer of the brake system, not some backyard mechanic or keyboard cowboy. Do what BREMBO tells you to do and nothing else. I don't care if you have a friend that won the Paris-Dakaar race driving a purpose driven race car, do exactly what BREMBO tells you. If you do anything other than what they tell you, you're taking it into your own hands and if it doesn't work out, then you'll have only yourself to blame for not following their instructions. If all this doesn't work, then feel free to go buy new brakes elsewhere and send me your "Bad Brembo's" I'll happily take them off your hands
...and you are expert in which area?
both instructions are directly from manufacture document and both are different.....

Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Karol:

I would say one of the instructions is for inevitable racing while the other is for those that simply drive their car normal to spirted. I recall in the ZR1 manual they distinguish between the two.

I would call the mfg.

Good luck.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Slow911TT68Tip
Karol:

I would say one of the instructions is for inevitable racing while the other is for those that simply drive their car normal to spirted. I recall in the ZR1 manual they distinguish between the two.

I would call the mfg.

Good luck.
you see there is so many different instructions, at the end of day again they will blame me for all the problems....

Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
You've been talking about this for more than a week, aske for and received lots of informed (and maybe uninformed) opinions and suggestions. What more do you want out of this - move on to another topic.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 AM
sure and there is no answers.....
I bet with the new set of discs and pads will be same story!!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Do us all a favor, take off the Brembos and go back to stock so we don't have to read this thread anymore.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by spf4000
Do us all a favor, take off the Brembos and go back to stock so we don't have to read this thread anymore.
you are absolutely right, brembo is **** !!!!!!!

btw who said you have to read this?????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????